Wanted RockShox Stanchions for JudySL long travel or DH.

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hey guys,

Recently refurbed some Judy FSX forks but thinking about swapping out the stanchions and damper plus pushrod for a NOS RS 80mm travel set I have. I’ll need the longer 80mm travel stanchions if anyone has some?
Ideally in good order, minimal wear is okay.
After legs seperate from crown but if you have a pair with crown I might still be interested if 1 1/8” ahead, alloy and depending on length.

Thank you.

I’ll need the longer 80mm travel stanchions if anyone has some? measurement please, then I can measure my spares

I’ll need the longer 80mm travel stanchions if anyone has some? measurement please, then I can measure my spares
Hey buddy, are you offering me longer ones you may have or trying to get 80mm travel stanchions too? That is what I need myself.

I have 8 Judy stanchions legs in good condition and lots of cartridge spares, but the stanchions are all standard lengths. From memory the earlier Judy SL / FSX (1995-1996) forks it was the cartridge + dummy rod that changed to get the extra length to go from 60mm to 80mm. My Judy FSX are running the longer Ali cartridge/ dummy rod (from the DH forks) on same length stanchions on 80mm travel. Happy to measure up when I’m home end of the day… I’m an ex RS trained technician from that period. Used to do all the servicing and conversions to the longer 80mm travel at our bike shop. There were longer stanchions available but those were for double crown forks released later. I used to add an extra stanchion bush at the top and bottom of each leg to help reduce wear / excessive play over time too. Used to slow the wear rate down a lot.

Last edited:
I have 8 Judy stanchions legs in good condition and lots of cartridge spares, but the stanchions are all standard lengths. From memory the earlier Judy SL / FSX (1995-1996) forks it was the cartridge + dummy rod that changed to get the extra length to go from 60mm to 80mm. My Judy FSX are running the longer Ali cartridge/ dummy rod (from the DH forks) on same length stanchions on 80mm travel. Happy to measure up when I’m home end of the day… I’m an ex RS trained technician from that period. Used to do all the servicing and conversions to the longer 80mm travel at our bike shop. There were longer stanchions available but those were for double crown forks released later. I used to add an extra stanchion bush at the top and bottom of each leg to help reduce wear / excessive play over time too. Used to slow the wear rate down a lot.
If you could measure what you have, I do have a NOS longer Ali cartridge and dummy leg set to go in ready. Thank you.

Back