Rock Shox 700c Paris Roubaix Suspension Forks

Found this Ruby at a sale a few years ago. With a 170mm steerer it's too small for my own bikes, but I might try it on a build for mrs non-fixie:

800.jpg

Get a new steerer for it. Someone on here was offering new steerers and was even pressing them in for people. Worth looking in to.

salesguy":25d5zmfn said:
Get a new steerer for it. Someone on here was offering new steerers and was even pressing them in for people. Worth looking in to.

Thanks for the tip. I will look into that. Just in case I need to do this:

540.jpg

funny thing is is we all need to do that sometime!

And every bike in that picture is using a Paris Roubaix fork!

Race-winning tech BITD. Who knows what might have happened in fork development if Mapei hadn't intervened.

I may have just the thing for you!
Very little use and still holding air. I will measure the steerer length and let you know. I used them on a 58cm frame with several spacers.

Wild Woods":1mhspfqt said:
I may have just the thing for you!
Very little use and still holding air. I will measure the steerer length and let you know. I used them on a 58cm frame with several spacers.

excellent!

non-fixie":3k32ir4i said:
salesguy":3k32ir4i said:

Thanks for the tip. I will look into that. Just in case I need to do this:

540.jpg

Thank goodness the Bianchi frame design didn't become commonplace though!

Well actually it is common place on mountain bikes. And they(Bianchi) did use it on a mountain bike in the 90's. It's a functional frame. The failure of that particular frame was for design/manufacturing reasons-tubing being to thin. The whole failure of road suspension in general after 94', well that could be for numerous reasons. Some say Mapei/Colnago. Some say weight, some a lack of marketing towards consumers. It wasn't really for consumers tho. So, who knows the true killer. In the end, things came back around and the fork did prove itself. It never had a failure while racing. It won three straight. and a 12th in the first one. It was the GT40 of the bike world!!!

Latest posts

Back