Road rides

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've signed myself up to ride from Scotland to London at the end of March :shock: I will be entering local sportives and doing lots of training. Drop me a line if you want to join me! Next ride will be January 11th, probably Rowlands Castle to Woking. The Woodcote 100km cyclocross on the 25th followed by a sportive in Winchester on the 31st.

SP

Re:

Sounds good! Hope you enjoy it. Whereabouts you thinking riding (apart from listed) Few ditchling beacons and things near the coast? Weekends better for me but sure elsewhere might be nice.

Re:

I've no plans as yet for February and March. I need to be able to ride 80 mile days on a loaded bike, so I'm seeing lots of new places to keep the training interesting.

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":1m019rsy said:
Looks interesting, am I right Audax events don't mark the route? Are you going to ride this one?

SP

With the Audax events, you get a cue sheet, sometimes a GPX file, but they are largely followable if you have the sheet and a map! (Don't mention Me and BobcatMax trying to find our way around them!).

I might do it yes, I'll know in a few days if I can make it and sign up.

They are usually pretty good fun it has to be said, food included for the few quid entry fee is great as well.

Re:

OK, let me know and I'll enter too. Regularly doing +100km now, and I even went up Box Hill in the sleet with all the posh folk today. I really don't fit in on my bike! Mudgaurds and a rack are not cool....

Re:

Sorry for the delay in reply, I can't make this due to work, I've been trying to re-schedule things but its not going to happen.

Good luck with the training. :)

Back