The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Sadly i keep snapping spokes on my economically spoked but lovely rear wheel on the schils so looking for something a little more scaffolded for my considerable bulk.

32 or more. Black would be nice with a shimano 9 speed hub. If you have a pair i would consider them or swap for my very nice delicate, wel they are with 17st plonked on the, Gipiemme ones. :( they run beautifully

thanks thm

These are they

5a05528b0382c62e20f047e21ee5fdcf_zpse7a56aa6.jpg

Get yourself a handbuit wheel, even a tiagra/105 level are fine with 32 holes and a decent rim like mavic or Rigida (which are fab cost wise without losing quality) even Alex rims are ok.
I'm 17st at present and run with 40litre pnnier bags on a 32 hole ultegra on open pro ceramic. I've even backied a lady friend on the back with fully loaded bags.
Best thing about a handbuilt is you will get a wheel where spares are easy to find and more often than not stay true far far longer than machine built wheels.
Saying that I run a set of 38mm carbon wheels with 24/20 spoke count as well :D

Is there anything? Anybody? Or am I doomed to wander eBay, lonely as a cloud?

Hi, I have a pair of bontrager wheels which have done very few miles. In black and with 32 spokes and box profile rims. They should be fine for your weight and are yours for only £50 +postage.
PM me with an email address and I will send some pictures. Cheers, Geoffrey

Geoffrey":3jn60xyi said:
Hi, I have a pair of bontrager wheels which have done very few miles. In black and with 32 spokes and box profile rims. They should be fine for your weight and are yours for only £50 +postage.
PM me with an email address and I will send some pictures. Cheers, Geoffrey

You have a pm :)

Back