Ritchey COMP-23 - help request (and paint touchups bla bla)

Lefty le gaucher...

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

I'm having another project that I hopefully can ride next summer. I just couldn't resist a Ritchey Comp-23 frame with Tange Prestige Super tubing.

First, I matched the color to do a large number of touchups on the Imrod Red Dupont paint.

I used Testors and after about 40 mixes and trials and errors, have been able to reproduce what looks like the original color when dry, wet sanded and polished. Took a lot of patience to get there and it might not be perfect since I discovered that I have to rub the Testors with something compatible that does not deteriorate it. My best guess for now is Tamiya 3 parts compounds for the touched up spots and Mothers' 3rd step carnauba wax on the entire frame at the ultimate end. For now, I still have a lot of touchups to do and the Testors has to dry for 2 weeks before I can sand it. Since some spots require 4 to 5 layers, it takes time.

I just hope all this chemistry will be compatible. Of course a complete stripping would have been simpler. But I couldn't find stickers and I'm trying to spend as less as possible and minimize the interventions.

- Forgot to say that I also used a scratch remover to erase many paint scratchs and deteriorations. -

The frame came solo so I'm slowly sourcing parts. That means struggling to find them cheap and, when fournd on the interwebs and delivered through the mail, hoping they'll fit. I'm not using Logic parts and others original parts because I prefer the creative aspect of using what I can afford in order to make a nice and heavy-duty build that I don't see as a bottomless money pit or a perfect replica of something that already exists somewhere in the universe.

Since I'm not as good at mechanics as many of yours, I have a few questions for someone who also has a Comp-23.

What are the :
- Bottom bracket sizes ?
- Front derailleur clamp's real diameter ?
- Brake cable lining used near the seat stay ?

Thanks !!!

Attachments

• IMG_0953.JPG
    IMG_0953.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 653
Re:

Forgot to say that I’m gonna use a M730 crankset.
Also, bottom bracket’s and other specs probably are the same as a P-23.

So P-2* owners with similar setup might have a clue.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me not buy something that does not fit.

Hi,
did you get further on?

- Bottom bracket sizes ? -> 68 mm BSA-threat
- Front derailleur clamp's real diameter ? -> 28,x mm
- Brake cable lining used near the seat stay ? -> there a housings they look like thin platic pipes. They are used when the brake or shifting cabel comes to the open on the top tubing to protect the frame while riding. They are also used as short protection on roadframes when the deviation on top of the BB is made of steel.
Martin

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the info !
It's a 20 inches. Serial is 1650. Not sure about the year.

Sorry for what might be a dumb question but I should be aiming for a 47.5 mm chainline, right ?

Can't tell you annything about a chainline.
J.ö.r.g at mtbnews.de is a verry good address for further / deeper questions

Back