RIP Pre-Trek Klein Sea & Sky...

I just think that Klein's like that should have the fork and Mission control. The rest is down to his taste

utahdog2003":39gb0p4s said:
Funny, the RF Next cranks are the part that jumps out at me for being out of place. Somehow these high-end Kleins seem fit for weirdness like Spinergys and aftermarket carbon forks. He probably only uses it to hang his laundry on anyway...

Haha, I keep my Pace RC100 & 200 on a display rack in my room they currently have my laundry on them :oops:

(live in a shared house in London...I moved from a 2 bed appartment of my own in Oxfordshire...space is tight) :cry:

JeRkY":grg60rgv said:
utahdog2003":grg60rgv said:
Funny, the RF Next cranks are the part that jumps out at me for being out of place. Somehow these high-end Kleins seem fit for weirdness like Spinergys and aftermarket carbon forks. He probably only uses it to hang his laundry on anyway...

Haha, I keep my Pace RC100 & 200 on a display rack in my room they currently have my laundry on them :oops:

(live in a shared house in London...I moved from a 2 bed appartment of my own in Oxfordshire...space is tight) :cry:

Bikes make good cloths horse. A good winter use by me too

it just goes to show theres no accounting for taste and one mans meat and all that, my reaction was that it looks bootiful and was a little suprised to find opinions contrary to this when reading through.

for me it really works

I also like the idea of the modern parts which is what im planning for the 97 Hahanna i just got, sorry BKT, nothing like that klein but some good mid range stuff which seems to be an awful lot cheaper that most of the good retro stuff, and should with advancements in manufacture and design be superior to most of the retro controls cranks etc,am i committing blasphemy here? should i shut up :roll:

Apart from the frame it's good for me ;)

In all seriousness. If you've got a good frame why stick old parts on it. NOS or mint top end components are costing a fortune and modern components are starting to be the cheaper alternative. Plus they.............work better :oops:

Untitled-4.jpg

I know this may sound like sacrilege BUT I like the 'Hotrod' look of this, floats my boat anyhow :cool: apart from the 'klein' thingy

I like it... dont understand whats wrong with it

well

i mean

that fork does look bloody aweful, just because of the space between whats supposed to fit flush with the bottom of the frame and the actual bottom of the frame.

other than that i think its phenomenal.

I don't have anything against "modernizing" per se, but those wheels are a bit loud. I've seen lots of bikes like this in Asia. Groups of riders get together and do city rides and have these amazing USA-made bikes, generally Merlins and lots of other high-end frames that are just decked out in the craziest, loudest parts you can find, like these here Synergys...

Simple Question:

Anyone knows how much a MC2 handlebar+stem combo is worth and also the Strata fork? Wonder how many were there made... :shock:

Back