Ringle stem lengths?

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
Hey all...
Looking for the shortest ringle stem for my new bike.
What lengths did they come in and does someone have one they want to part with?

Depends which catalogue you look at ;) For example, the 1994 brochure states 120, 135 and 150mm. But bear in mind what geometries we all ran (and I must admit I still do) on our XC bikes back then.
The road stem was produced in a 90mm variant (26.0 bar clamp), and in 1995/96 they introduced a 105mm, mainly for the emerging downhill and freeride disciplines.
And in 1997 there was indeed a 90mm 1 1/8" for a 25.4 MTB bar produced.

Short Zookas tend to command much bigger coin, typiclly £90+ as there were much much fewer of them produced (and hence harder to find), and its also what everyone now wants for their aged backs.

Being so vulgar as to hijack my own information post with a commercial angle; I do have a NOS unmarked blue Zooka, 1 1/8" 105mm x 10°, but NO faceplate. I'd be after £60 for this, but as I say, you'll need to find your own faceplate.

Hope this helps shed some light and provide some useful info. ;)

Thanks for that.
I ended up buying Nicporternz's Yeti straight 4/5 and it has a nos Ringle stem on it, but it's just too long for my liking.
It has a Moby on it so would like the matching stem.
would have to get a 90mm one... but like you said it might be a bit of a far fetch to get one :(

90mm :D Ain't she cute.

P1000054.jpg

Ahh, sweet :)
No 90mm from me, and I'm sure you'll have to bribe Richard heavily to grab that.

Surprised NporterNZ has sold his machine, I thought that a lot of effort had gone in to that. .

Trust me it's gone to a good home! It's sitting next to the TV in the lounge! :LOL: One eye on the telly and one on the bike. I still have the MBA where I fell in love with this bike and HAD to have one! It also has the Giant ATX1 team DH in it. I have one of those too! :p
Just don't like the stem, i do but it's too long so just want to get a shorter one.

Hello,

I know this is not a searching thread but I'm desperately looking for a
Ringlé Zooka stem, 1 1/8", 120mm, 0°, silver polished, (as) new, like this one:
ringle_zooka_silver_120mm.jpg

Maybe there is a chance that someone here has this part in stock?

Anyway I would be very happy about a tip where to find one.

Thanks
:)

Back