Ringle Bottle Cage Reproductions (Black, Red, Purple, Gold)

its_kirby":3nukqw8i said:
FluffyChicken":3nukqw8i said:
Do the Ringle (now Sun/Ringle) cages now fall out of any Patents ?
Are they official reproductions ?

Did you ask the bloke (Geoff Ringlé) if you could make them ?

yawwwwwwn BORING!

They're only questions :roll: while Silver one come to the market
wonder if £19 + £6.30 shipping falls below our customs taxes ?

I think the customs limit was revised to £15 for the value of the product and if it goes over that then you get charged on the value of the product and the shipping combined. Not sure whether the limit is still higher if it's marked 'gift' but if not you can always ask the seller to mark the price on the customs declaration lower if it's not much over the limit.

I hate customs.

FluffyChicken":2pd4fxhk said:
its_kirby":2pd4fxhk said:
FluffyChicken":2pd4fxhk said:

yawwwwwwn BORING!

sorry wasnt a dig or ewt! as for the taxes, i dint know about that new rule of £15! was £65 last time i bought from the usa :cry:

its_kirby":2violyvu said:
FluffyChicken":2violyvu said:
its_kirby":2violyvu said:
FluffyChicken":2violyvu said:

yawwwwwwn BORING!

sorry wasnt a dig or ewt! as for the taxes, i dint know about that new rule of £15! was £65 last time i bought from the usa :cry:

Thats what i thought £65 to £70 spent over £70 worth not that long ago not marked as Gift on the parcel with out any text charge :roll:

FluffyChicken":1oaay7d1 said:

How true to the original design are they

and what about the all important Silver colour :D

Patent was filed in 1991, issued in 1993, expired in 2007. Our patent attorney informed me that the design has been "public knowledge" for 5 years.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=wrcqAA ... &q&f=false

We've wanted to build these for awhile now - took some time to pull the trigger and invest the necessary resources and money. It's one thing to say "that's a good idea," but everything changes when you realize it'll take thousands and thousands of your own money on something that is basically a gamble ;)

More colors (including silver) are coming as well. I didn't want to over commit since the tooling and mass production costs were so high. The 4 colors offered were the most requested.

kingoffootball":3nbq3ykp said:
I think the customs limit was revised to £15 for the value of the product and if it goes over that then you get charged on the value of the product and the shipping combined. Not sure whether the limit is still higher if it's marked 'gift' but if not you can always ask the seller to mark the price on the customs declaration lower if it's not much over the limit.

I hate customs.

This is such a common request that everything we ship is a $10-$20 "gift" by default ;) We use a third-party insurance company that covers above and beyond the declared value on the Customs forms. And yes, I agree, your fees over there are ridiculous!

racer x":3thqaw2c said:
its_kirby":3thqaw2c said:
FluffyChicken":3thqaw2c said:
its_kirby":3thqaw2c said:
FluffyChicken":3thqaw2c said:

yawwwwwwn BORING!

Thats what i thought £65 to £70 spent over £70 worth not that long ago not marked as Gift on the parcel with out any text charge :roll:

Lucky you!

I bought something for $20, the seller filled it in as worth $30 and because they also charge customs on the shipping I ended up paying £30 charges.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Part of the enjoyment of retro is trying to track down that elusive part. Plus how to tell in the future whether a cage is a genuine Ringlé one or not? Or maybe that doesn't matter. Anyway - I'm conflicted.

Let us know when done ....and I'll take 2 definately (cages not just the L bend !)....although there is a market for them on their own i guess.

The_Sellution":165gn7ah said:
The "L-bracket" is in the works. We should have them in the next month or two ;)

Back