Wanted Rigid Fork for my Ibis Mojo

uphilldowndale

Retro Guru
I've had this Ibis Mojo for a while now. Previous owner had it built up like the photo here. My intentions are to de-modernise it a bit and my first job is to swap in a rigid fork. The suspension fork it has looks to be too big for the frame. Does anyone know what the correct height fork would be for this frame and does anyone have anything appropriate going spare?

A310A018-3C28-4761-9345-46C02BE44B77_1_105_c.jpeg

It's obviously not the correct fork, but I have a nice segmented Saracen v only fork that would look nice on such a bike. It's green so would need a repaint in black to suit your build. It's from a Saracen around 97 so should be suspension corrected a2c wise.

If you were looking to keep discs I've an on one disc only segmented fork, would also need painting as green.

I had plans for both but must have a clear out and ditch plans and get some space back.

Its a nice frame and worthy of a premium Ti fork with disc imo. A quick search will flag up a number of such suppliers or custom Ti fork builders. I have a fully Ti fitted out bike and its beyond a pleasure to ride, even just cruising around in the sun.

Its a nice frame and worthy of a premium Ti fork with disc imo. A quick search will flag up a number of such suppliers or custom Ti fork builders. I have a fully Ti fitted out bike and its beyond a pleasure to ride, even just cruising around in the sun.
Agreed mostly but budgets won't allow for that kind of thing sadly. I am also keen to move away from the discs as this bike has been adapted to run them. Theres a big ugly adapter on the nds seat stay and you will notice the cable ties necessary to route the hose. Going back to V's will clean things up real nice - and also are more than enough for the riding I do.

I hear ok things about the eXotic carbon forks which may do for the time being til I become very rich and can afford a ti fork.

I'm considering the following Soma Fork for my Mojo if and when I can no longer find a 26 suspension fork.

I don't know if Scott is right on the axle to crown not necessarily saying he isn't but read the links below:

They recommend an axle to crown of 440mm for 80mm designed bikes an 453 for 100mm designed bikes in the second link.

Both their canti and disc mount versions come with 43mm offset/rake close to Scott's states 42mm...

Latest posts

Back