Reyt-pack September 2022 (Downhill vintage rigid race Yorkshire style)

I really thought this was going to a bit of fun, but it's all getting a bit too technical for me. The only pre 89 bike I have is the Townsend ATB, so I'll have to leave it then.

I’ve got a couple of frames that would technically qualify. Having never ridden at Dalby, is it manageable singlespeed or even fixed? Got a ‘77 Carlton track frame I could maybe fit cyclocross tyres in, or a 60’s Carlton Flyer tourer but it would require greater expense to build up.

It’s a downhill event a la Repack. Not sure if anything other than the ability to push it is really required.

Ok, well fixed gear is awful downhill so that rules that idea out. The Flyer would be more in keeping with the theme as well.

I'll possibly tag along to this for gits and shiggles with it being local to me, but I've nothing old like the rules state and no room to store owt like that either so I'll likely bring my pace hardtail, at least that's fitting with it being a child born of Dalby r&d lol 😆

Madness, utter complete Madness.................... Count me in😊

Off to shed of doom to break the news to my ROG ladies Sportster (1960's Yugoslavian) that her retirement is over and that the Thomson BB will be refitted. She will not understand as my serbo-croat is rustier than she is🤣

ROGina in better fettle than I remember. Just needs kitted out a little more correctly and front end strengthened a wee bit with less noodly front fork stem combo.

The fire engine, forward control lwb 1960's Land rover, is not mine but my neighbours, in case you ask. I let them use my driveway.

Attachments

• IMG_20211103_113018.jpg
    IMG_20211103_113018.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20211103_113004.jpg
    IMG_20211103_113004.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 16
Back