RetroRoadRide Series Rd 2: Brewery Ride ~ 04/05/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Please could you add me to the list for the long ride. If the weather is good then I might even ride to the start...
Thanks,
Nick

If you'll forgive the lastminuteness of it, thanks to a lift from HarryCrumb I'll be dropping by. Not entirely sure which route I should be on - happy with the longer mileage if I don't slow folks down too much?

Either way put me down for three portions of whatever's available to eat and the extended brewery tour (lift permitting) :D

If I could collect the helmet Spencer kindly 'saved' at the Cannock Turkey Twizzler that would great too! I'll drop him a PM to leave it at the brewery if he's not out with us...

So, happy to have me on the longer route? I won't be offended if not!

elPedro666":9n9m49ha said:
If you'll forgive the lastminuteness of it, thanks to a lift from HarryCrumb I'll be dropping by. Not entirely sure which route I should be on - happy with the longer mileage if I don't slow folks down too much?

Either way put me down for three portions of whatever's available to eat and the extended brewery tour (lift permitting) :D

If I could collect the helmet Spencer kindly 'saved' at the Cannock Turkey Twizzler that would great too! I'll drop him a PM to leave it at the brewery if he's not out with us...

So, happy to have me on the longer route? I won't be offended if not!

You'll be more than welcome on either. There are a couple of guys who know the second half of the long route so if you choose it and it all goes south i can potter in with you. Did the Pootler tonight with Ken and it's a belter. I'll speak to Spence tomorrow for you....

Pootler route on Strava - http://www.strava.com/activities/136280357

That recce actually looks like a nice pace for me - just under forty miles at just under 15mph is definitely within the realms of possibility :)

Plus I've heard that the grub's more properer.

Besides which, this is The Brewery Ride and I'm cadging a lift so the sooner I'm back and attempting to organise a pi$$ up the better! I mean how hard can it be... :mrgreen:

Looking forward to it, catch you all Sunday :D

Karl and I rode the Pootler's Loop yesterday. A pleasant ride, even in the rain. We averaged about 14.5mph, Karl leaving me standing on the climbs as usual. It turns out to be a longer route than I first advertised, 39M rather 36M. Easy terrain though. 22M out, 17M back.

From the above it looks like there are six of us on this ride. I booked a luncheon table for eight, so there is still room for moar. We may be joined at Barston by some friends from Solihull to add to the conviviality.

No, I have not pre-ordered food. Their fish and chips is excellent.

I'm really looking forward to it. Sunday morning 10am for 1030 departure. See you at the Tap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back