RetroRoadRide No2 -Brewery Rides AFTERMATH

Re:

A great day riding I really enjoyed it, thanks goes to Karl for the nice route. After a nice bath My legs are now dead.

Attachments

• 20901-2.jpg
    20901-2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 453
absolutely top ride.....cheers everbody...especially Karl
Legs are completely dead now!

Mark

[Peugeot 753]

From Gabrielle and Glenn;
Fantastically well organised ride by Karl. Lovely scenic route, brilliant ride (what we were able to partake lol!), wonderfully chosen place for a lovely pint of Bass!
The camaraderie and leadership skills second to none, thank you for all the help and assistance on the ride.....very much appreciated :).

Re:

I would also like to add my thanks to Karl for a great day out.

As mentioned to him, if I wanted to put together a route with a lot of my favourite roads from my youth together, that would have been the route. Having not put a bicycle tyre onto many of those roads for 20+ years, it was really nice to re-visit them and enjoy them still being pretty much traffic free. A day I will remember for a long time, no doubt :)

Very nice to meet you all too.

Thanks Karl also for the lunch and free beer.

Cheers!

Dylan (Roberts 198:cool:

The non flounce Norman Fay black track-tour

Nuns!

father-jack.jpg

41voWRDfc2L.jpg

Re:

Enjoyed the ride even though my leg stopped working,big thanks to Karl for the route, organisation, food and waiting for me at the end,also thanks to everybody for encouraging me back ,might even get a retro road bike

Here are some piccies, link to the set at the bottom:

The villain of the piece, Colonel Mustard, with the hop bucket in the brewery:

What do retrobikers and road diggers have in common?

The Retrobike black somewhat upstaged by a rather fetching pink behind (errmm, I probably need to rephrase that):

Karl leading the peleton, blurred by the impressive (downhill) speed:

MarkyP caught taking pictures of himself:

The peleton with the Team Retrobike van in attendance:

MarkyP explaining how he has just taken some lovely pictures ;-):

Daj demonstrating exactly why he wins so few races (Dave, when in doubt, check which way the other riders are going):

Unclemonty pings off the front:

Gabrielle keeping her energy levels up, watched closely by the Team Retrobike dieticians:

Bikes lined up and ready for loading into the back of a quaint horse drawn carriage:

The obligatory final "riders stuffing faces" shot:

Full folder here, I can send some unedited files of specific photos if anyone wants them.

Re:

Poo! and I missed Uncle Montys blue bike (for which I managed to get blamed for making him buy it, honestly I did have to twist his arm soooooo hard).

Anyways, sorry for not being able to come along, but I was out with the hard core shopping team in Berlin :cry: and my feet and credit card hurt.

Maybe next time.

Re:

Hi men.......

First off, my most sincere apologies!........after years of promising I would never do it, and in the middle of the year I promised myself I would go to every ride, I pulled the classic 'no notice' pike!......

A mild feeling of being bit under the weather on Thursday morning erupted into a full on virus, my first day off work sick since 1997, and a hospital visit on Saturday night........I seem to be on the mend now, the fever has gone, but I have (randomly) about 20% strength in my forearms.........

Either way, I'm really sorry for not being there.......I really wasn't up for it!.......glad you had a good time though........

Back