Retrobike phone app?

On my phone, I've bookmarked the site in my browser and then copied the shortcut on to my start screen so I have a retrobike icon on my start screen that opens the site when I click it.

Why would I (or anyone with half an idea about how to use their phone)pay 69p to get an app that does something that I (they) can already do for free?

I'm pretty sure that there's not enough content there to justify a students project, I could ask at my daughters pre-school?

mtbdave":6qtk48g5 said:
Very true,but when am out n about it would be just a one touch operation,instead of getting onto my yahoo browser typing in 'retrobike' choosing frm said browser,then after all that you miss out on that specific part you need to finish your latest project/pride n joy.
Just thought I would ask if anyone else had thought about it also if it cost 69pence to download then the site would generate funds to keep going?
Just an idea.

So I am assuming due to the suggestion of an app that you have a smart phone, in which case it sounds like you need to choose the appropriate action from the 2 options below:
1- buy a new phone, your smart phone is obviously lacking a few iq points.
2- learn to use your smartphone properly.

Pretty sure any modern phone worth it's salt will allow you to create a bookmark straight to the site. On an iPhone and android you can add the shortcuts straight to the desktop space giving 1 touch launch.

If you have use this advice please donate 50p of the 69p people are suggesting as a fair price to a charity of your choice.

Just because the adverts say "there's an app for that" doesn't mean there has to be. Some times its fun to let your evolved over millennia brain cells make new connections.

Sorry I have a tendency to rant when sitting on long train trips I'm much less passive aggressive when I've something useful to be doing.

Am currently at work in a oil rig yard,am a tig pipe welder so not fully fictional with the whole world of computers/it etc thought it would be an idea that's all.of course you wouldn't have to buy said imaginary phone app,but if you did the site would get some of the money.
Also isn't your smart phone only as smart as the user?

No probs abt people saying what they want to it's a forum after all!

mtbdave":mfbmg16b said:
End of thread then,I will go back to pushing my rock around my cave then.
It's not. AFAIK forums aren't optimised for the screen size on a phone which means endless sideways scrolling and/or adjustment of text size to read anything. In my case anyway.

Unless I've missed something an app resolves this by fitting the content to the screen..

JeRkY":3imq7dk0 said:
So I am assuming due to the suggestion of an app that you have a smart phone, in which case it sounds like you need to choose the appropriate action from the 2 options below:
1- buy a new phone, your smart phone is obviously lacking a few iq points.
2- learn to use your smartphone properly.

Pretty sure any modern phone worth it's salt will allow you to create a bookmark straight to the site. On an iPhone and android you can add the shortcuts straight to the desktop space giving 1 touch launch.

If you have use this advice please donate 50p of the 69p people are suggesting as a fair price to a charity of your choice.

Just because the adverts say "there's an app for that" doesn't mean there has to be. Some times its fun to let your evolved over millennia brain cells make new connections.

A bookmark is not the same as a dedicated app. Never has been, never will be. If, for example, you bookmark the Daily Mail website and pin it to your homescreen, it looks and behaves VERY differently from the Daily Mail app, which is optimised to work best on whichever operating system it is that the user is running on their phone.

I think that a Retrobike app would be a great idea, as the website isn't very mobile-friendly and, given that more and more people are using their mobiles as web browsers, it would make sense to bring out an app which makes the site more accessible.

apptastic

technodup":2ibpnbup said:
mtbdave":2ibpnbup said:
End of thread then,I will go back to pushing my rock around my cave then.
It's not. AFAIK forums aren't optimised for the screen size on a phone which means endless sideways scrolling and/or adjustment of text size to read anything. In my case anyway.

Unless I've missed something an app resolves this by fitting the content to the screen..

yep and i think that's the point an app would make the page fit rather than constantly sliding the page about and trying to touch buttons that are so small you touch 3 at the same time

oh and i have a smart phone it just me that lets it down :LOL: :LOL: (just kidding i have an IT degree, I could ask one of my tutors if one of their students would like a project to build an app for RB)

Latest posts

Back