RetroBike National MTB Series Rd 2: Surrey Hills ~ 27/04/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather looks to be pants for sunday. Is there anyone with a 50-100 quid bike they would like to sell me? I'm 6'1" and it should be an old one really. I'm attempting to track one down in eBay, etc so I don't have to take my best bike out. Sad really, but I hate washing bikes!

Re:

So,

what is the final roll call?

it will be wet, but there are still folk travelling from afar so it'd be good to get a roll call as numbers always attract numbers.

??

It's going to be wet, but not that wet!...and we'll be under the trees for most of it.

I'm in!

Re:

Myself, and a friend who will be on an early 90's Salsa Jelly Bean, and Uncle Monty.

From the lunch order that we made last weekend, and looking at the posts, I reckon we are looking at about 20 people who have shown an interest.

The majority of this ride will be under tree cover, and the surface is well draining so don't think you will get bogged down in mud. These trails can be ridden all year round and were still being used through the recent floods.

Re:

It will be wet. BBC forecast is saying heavy showers and sunny spells, but temps will be 12-13 degrees. You will need something shower proof to wear and tyres that are not bald, but it will be fun. There will be the odd big puddle but as said - it is very free draining. I will be further ruining what is now no longer NOS high end componentry, so don't let a bit of weather put you off bringing your shiny bikes out - after all, this is their purpose in life.

See you all on Sunday.

Re:

Im still in

Whether the weather forecast is as the weather forecasters forecast , or whether the weather is better than the weather forecasters forecast.

I think :?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back