Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wu’s Indy Fab

• Robin’s Ibis

• Mr K’s Kona

• Total voters
Oh, and I hope this doesn't sound arsey but can anyone explain why there are 3 photos of the Pace rather than the standard one (or even the regulated 2 for nominations as per the rules). I know it's a nice bike and all ;)

jez-4-bikes-max":30qcqicg said:
Its cos its one photo/image as it was taken from teh readers bike section.

Christ its getting a little arsey round here...

;)

At least you're calling my arse little, which is a good thing with all the x-mas shite I've been eating recently. Hopefully that means I'll be able to fit into my Tux for tonights works 'gala dinner'..... ;)

sinnett177":1fkt41vr said:
How difficult is this month! Not sure what will get my vote but the Factory Pace with it's history, the Kestrel which is jaw dropping in looks, the Zaskar which is beautifully restored and the well thoughtout and mint Fat have all grabbed my attention.

Will have to consider my thoughts.

After careful deliberation i'm voting for the Factory Pace, purely because that bike is a one off, has a great history and is in immaculate condition. Even if it does have 3 photos, naughty boy! The fantastic Kestrel was a very close second but little details like the tyres not aligned to the rims just cost it. The Fat SAB was my 3rd choice, lovely bike and great to see it gets ridden but such a great month took its opportunity away.

Well done to all, a really difficult month.

Historic Clelands

Historic Clelands.

Joe Breeze said this about Cleland Cycles...

"I think Geoff Apps and his Cleland bikes have evolutionary linkage. Not to Marin, but he had (has?) a following in the UK. His line might even precede the Marin lineage."

The Cleland is the only mountain bike in this contest that did not develop from the 1970-'80s' Marin bikes. Instead it evolved from the English green-laning tradition known as the 'RoughStuff Fellowship' which was founded in 1955.
Check out this link for the history of Cleland Cycles and the beginnings of of Mountain Biking in Britain.

http://www.james-walters.net/cleland/cl ... story.html

I was just about to enter my bike and i now see the poll is already up,... :(

i think the BOTM's are going to be less and less fun if the level is going to be this high every damn time,..it is up there,..and i don't if will be ever a less then this,.. ;)

Back