Retro Raleighs

Stewart H

Dirt Disciple
Testing the water with some images of my latest Raleighs
first up a 1971 Medale 5 speeder, all original apart from some plastic mudguards, and some new inner cables.
I still have the original steel guards, I have fitted a pair of conti road tyres as the original raleigh ones had gone a bit odd .23.5 inch frame, I am currently putting a few miles on this and it rides very nicely.

Second is a undated Raleigh Equipe 23.5" frame 700c wheels not dated due to thickness of paint in the seat tube area.
It needs a tyre and tube at the rear before I can ride it, again very original, sachs huret 12 speeder, Raleigh pedals, I am currently re-covering the original selle royal seat
The rear rim is good with only a few rust spots the front sports a more modern alloy rim with a quando hub. what might these be worth ?

Attachments

• DSCF3488 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF3488 (640x480).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 841
  • DSCF3491 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF3491 (640x480).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 841
It appears it has, although the photo's were posted in the wrong order! :)

and as for value, they are worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for them!

Re:

Thank you for that :)
I was attempting to post this in the "Whats it worth" section, well done for spotting the interposed pics though, the 71 rides really nicely, can I interest you in a test ride ? ;)

Re:

The frame number is legible on this one, plus cottered cranks and some old ever ready grey lamps that were fitted.
I have just found the number, its : NB 203771 What year do you come up with ?
Today I will reacquaint myself with cotter pins and service the bottom bracket.

Back