Retro racing pics

durango":2fiecwuv said:
think it is me as i chose to ride a bravado and the rest of the team rode zaskar's. i can just make out the yellow forks. i don't think i finnished that race, have you got the results?
I found the results for the D/H and you were 3 rd . when i did my run i remember it had started pissing down with rain and it didn't stop all weekend ! i didn't finish the X/C on the last lap my rear mech bust and i had a punture and ended up pushing all the way back .

TSC.":1i2472n7 said:
Great shots from Broxa Dan, I'd forgotten about team 'Don't forget we also rent cars', was it on the way back from Broxa when we got stuck at Worcestor? £70 to get towed a mile off the motorway & dumped in a lay-by. Robbing barstewards.

TSC.
no that was coming back from Hamsterly in my camper van and the engine seized ! yeah £70 i can't believe we managed to raise the cash !

danpiero":xr17cwf6 said:
TSC.":xr17cwf6 said:
Great shots from Broxa Dan, I'd forgotten about team 'Don't forget we also rent cars', was it on the way back from Broxa when we got stuck at Worcestor? £70 to get towed a mile off the motorway & dumped in a lay-by. Robbing barstewards.

TSC.
no that was coming back from Hamsterly in my camper van and the engine seized ! yeah £70 i can't believe we managed to raise the cash !
I must be getting Broxa mixed up with Hamsterly, although I'm sure Hamsterly was when we had 'Don't forget we also rent cars', I also can't remember any of the journey too or from Scarborough. But I definitely went there, & I'm definitely back now...

Got a couple of old pics on the laptop:

Tavistock 92ish?:
TSret2.jpg

Think this was somewhere in the New Forest:
TSret3.jpg

TSC.

dan, i'm loving these pics! i just can't get enough of them. i'll have to post mine tomorow now.
the one of tim gould is a good one too. look real close and he is wearing the rarest cross shoes that there ever was, hergers from switzerland.

here's a few of the raleigh days.

Attachments

• Fred Salmon, Max Glaskin.jpg
    Fred Salmon, Max Glaskin.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 2,245
  • Nick Craig, Adrian Rochford and me.jpg
    Nick Craig, Adrian Rochford and me.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 2,245
  • rory and tom.jpg
    rory and tom.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 2,245
more

Attachments

• Untitled-Scanned-04.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-04.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 2,240
  • Untitled-Scanned-15.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-15.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 2,240
  • Untitled-Scanned-14.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-14.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 2,240
wow!! :LOL: there's some impressively awful clothing there!!

but i admit i used to wear similar stuff aswel though! :LOL:

These old ones are great , i think i went to that star construction race , it might of been my first, wasn't some of the course dug out in trenches ? and you could get beers in the double deckers ?Maybe this thread should be called Jake and Dans racing pics !!i've got a few more here

Attachments

• mbk.jpg
    mbk.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,204
  • BMBF Newnham 1992.jpg
    BMBF Newnham 1992.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2,204
  • Dave Hemming Mendip MTB Champs 1990.jpg
    Dave Hemming Mendip MTB Champs 1990.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,204
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg