Retro or Modern - What do we prefer riding?

Retro or Modern?

• Retro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Modern

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Ok, if we are honest, what do we prefer riding, retro or modern?

Dont get me wrong, I love my RTS and would never get rid of it. It gets used, gets a lot of money spent on it, polished regularly.....

but

.....my 2007 Avalanche Expert is a sweet ride, its smooth, slick shifting, stunning brakes that work in all conditions, its faultless. And now I have set the position up to my requirements, it is my ride of choice.

Is there anyone else that shares my feelings :?

I used to ride retro all the time, as I only had the RTS. But then I got the Avalanche ;)
I'll always be retro at heart, but it'll take a lot to get me off the Avalanche as my regular ride!
I think the RTS will now be used just for RB rides and fair weather summer riding :LOL:

That said, the KK's set up with fairly modern stuff. When I get my new single speed I guess I'll be riding that all the time.

When I think of the time, effort and dough I've put into my meagre collection of retro bikes I feel I have to be very careful with them, sad (?) but in my case true.

There is a fine line. A bike is there to be ridden, but when you think about the £££'s that has gone in to it and one wrong move could see it broken, you just dont want to risk it!! :LOL:

You're right, the bike was made to be ridden. I can understand why some people don't ride their pride and joy though, but view them as works of art too precious to damage.

Tough question. I never owned a modern bike until November of this last year. I have only 3-4 rides on it and still don't have the controls, shock, fork, brakes dialed in to where I am comfortable on it. My vintage bikes, however, are dialed in just the way I like them and I tend toward riding them, rather than spending time dialing in the ride on the modern rig. My vintage bikes are all riders, not garage queens. I think I will have to vote vintage in this poll.

stevek":18moxdgy said:
but view them as works of art too precious to damage.

Its the way I'm going with the RTS, unfortunately :( I never thought I'd get like this. I rode the backside off it all summer, but when the Avalanche turned up that gets ridden all the time. Yet its the RTS that gets the money spent on it, but I dont want to ride it much!

Explain that! :shock:

rody":7731irds said:
My heart rides vintage...

My smile rides a fully rigid 29er, sweet :D

cheers,

rody

I know exactly what you mean.

Got a piccy of your ride Rody? Is it one of your creations?

Back