Retro Music Lovers (up to and including 31/12/1999)

Throwing this one in, with an anecdote. I can definitely appreciate music from "outside of my time".

I gifted the "Best of Sinatra" to my parents once, and it started world war three concerning CD playtime. On my mothers side, perfect sing along, on my fathers side "I've never known a singer who sang in such a fashion as not being arsed about it, can't stand it".

Here's Sinatra. not being arsed, at some of it's greatest......I love it.

Last edited:
He was a smooth dude...and a lad!
My Sinatra anecdote .....i suggested to my to be wife that I would like to walk down the aisle to "my way"....it did not go down well...
Two months later at her cousins wedding they walked down the aisle to?
Ohh she weren't happy at the look I gave her!
I'm divorced now.....
Now ....i do it all ....."my way"

We had a bit of a shotgun wedding.. my mrs and I have been together since we were sexy teenagers, we had no plans to get wed, when we were in our 30's we spent a couple of months in South America, we were also aware that anti-malaria drugs render birth control completely useless.. our boy was conceived somewhere between Ipanema and Copacabana which certainly beats Bognor Regis.
We still had no plans to get hitched until she was around 6 months preggers, there was only 4 of us at the wedding, my witness and I.. my preggers mrs and her witness/twin sister who coincidentally was 7 months pregnant.. I wore jeans and a pair of Converse pumps my mrs wore a vintage dress :cool:

The registrar was great! he was as camp as christmas, when we booked the wedding he'd asked if i would like to choose two songs or we could go with one of the cassettes (cassettes? ikr) The perfect songs is something i would have stressed over so we went with the cassette, we walked in to Especially For You by Kylie and Jason and left to Kenny and Dolly..

It couldn't have been any better.. I love that song.. my witness (best friend) as a wedding gift/thanks for not putting him through the pain of a stag night paid for a few days at a luxury retreat in Belper.. as a makeshift honeymoon.

We had a bit of a shotgun wedding.. my mrs and I have been together since we were sexy teenagers, we had no plans to get wed, when we were in our 30's we spent a couple of months in South America, we were also aware that anti-malaria drugs render birth control completely useless.. our boy was conceived somewhere between Ipanema and Copacabana which certainly beats Bognor Regis.
We still had no plans to get hitched until she was around 6 months preggers, there was only 4 of us at the wedding, my witness and I.. my preggers mrs and her witness/twin sister who coincidentally was 7 months pregnant.. I wore jeans and a pair of Converse pumps my mrs wore a vintage dress :cool:

The registrar was great! he was as camp as christmas, when we booked the wedding he'd asked if i would like to choose two songs or we could go with one of the cassettes (cassettes? ikr) The perfect songs is something i would have stressed over so we went with the cassette, we walked in to Especially For You by Kylie and Jason and left to Kenny and Dolly..

It couldn't have been any better.. I love that song.. my witness (best friend) as a wedding gift/thanks for not putting him through the pain of a stag night paid for a few days at a luxury retreat in Belper.. as a makeshift honeymoon.
Lovely! 😊
Great tune!
Have a tune for your boy...it's kinda apt!

Back