Retro Music Lovers (up to and including 31/12/1999)

Late night last night.

If there is one band that is meant, and just has to be played as loud as possible, always, and experienced while under the influence during the early hours, either through headphones, as neighbors are not what they used to be, or in a field/large garden with the system turned up to 11, then there is no other!

Hawkwind....

Oh man that brings back memories of student life. At the end of a row of terraced houses, very early Sunday morning gate crashing (well actually climbing through the kitchen window because the front door house keys were lost ages ago) at the "Hawkwind" fan's house was always a guaranteed a trip to oblivion. How my stomach handled the under fermented home-made cider I will never know.

Oh man that brings back memories of student life. At the end of a row of terraced houses, very early Sunday morning gate crashing (well actually climbing through the kitchen window because the front door house keys were lost ages ago) at the "Hawkwind" fan's house was always a guaranteed a trip to oblivion. How my stomach handled the under fermented home-made cider I will never know.

Haha, homebrew, drunk my share, does anyone still make it?

First released via 4AD far too long ago I can't remember and can't be arsed to find the year, the second surface was much more uptempo, from a live recording in California in 1993. Buried deep in the web, fortunately there is a video of it.

It's all about timing, set-up, coordination and with enough hands on deck.

Back