Retro Music Lovers (up to and including 31/12/1999)

A couple more from the mighty Colosseum.

I was lucky enough to see them at the Cambridge Folk Festival one year, halfway through their set they took a 20min break, the late great Jon Hiseman didn't, and continued playing an amazing solo through the interval until rejoined by the rest, truly epic.

Marginally unrelated. At the time in Stafford, closest hint of civilisation to Cannock chase, the only nightclub was called Colosseum.

It was nicknamed the Mausoleum. Only the bouncers seemed to enjoy the evenings, when it would invariably kick-off. Glass pints
in hand on the dance floor, chicks dancing around a pile of hand bags. Anyhow, one evening in the late 90s someone
decided to burn it to the ground. I was sad the estblishment went up in smoke, but not the DJs record collection, it ******* sucked.

At least there was a good ice-cream van in Cannock which my mate collided in and dented when his brakes failed. Happy Days.

I remember that my sister played this track endlessly after recording Top of the Pops by placing her portable cassette player next to the television 😁
Its a grand tune. I often add it to my playlist when I'm out cycling. I actually find that it's one of the few tracks that I don't mind replaying, I reckon it's because it's so repetitive in the first place.

Latest posts

Back