Retro grips?

grogee

Retro Guru
OK, bit of a vague one, but does anyone know what sort of grips I should be looking for to suit a 1990(ish) Raleigh Technium Peak?

More to the point, does anyone know where I can get something suitable? Ideally new ones, as used grips are a bit... icky. And, like saddles, they don't seem to wear well.

I can't remember what was on my (similar) Raleigh Technium Heat back in the day, except I do remember changing them to 'Ergogrips' which were rubbish...

Same for me, Ritchey Truegrips. Very nice ones. They are in foam and rubber ones. I use the Foam ones.
Bitd I used the Bontrager foam grips but they are not available anymore.

Cheers
Martin

I got some Ritchey WCS's from the quoted ebay seller and they arrived the next day. Very nice and I'll defo be getting some more. :cool:

from the sticky in Retro MTB Chat
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81708

Grips
Cinelli Cork Ribbon (Wiggle UK)
Grab On MTN-1 & MTN-2 (Grab ON US) - reissue
Grab On MTN-1 in original density foam (First Flight) - reissue
ODI Attack (Wiggle UK)
Onza Ules (Ebay) - normally a few new pairs available from various sellers. Reissues.
Onza Porcipaws (Ebay) - normally a few new pairs available from various sellers. Reissues.
Ritchey WCS Truegrip (Wiggle UK)
Titec Pork Rinds (CRC UK)

i love the Grab On MTN-1 & MTN-2. simple design, no logos and proper retro looks.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back