Retro Full Sus

bikeperv

Devout Dirtbag
I'm looking for a full suspension bike for the first time and I keep getting beaten on eBay so I thought I'd see if anyone here has anything.

I've never had a FS bike before so not too sure what I want. Frame size might help, around 17 or 18"

I like AMP, Rocky Mountain, Yeti, Manitou and some Proflex designs. Anything unusual is good too!

I really don't like the over-engineered looking designs like Mountain cycle and I really can't stand the V shaped Treks and Canondales of this world, sorry they look like they belong in Halfords to me!

Anyway, if I haven't offended everyone with the last line and anyone has any suggestions or bikes looking for new homes please let me know. Thanks :)

Got a Proflex 857 up for grabs, though it may be a bit big:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... CA:GB:1123

3364_1.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi Orange71, I saw your proflex on eBay but I think it'd be way too big :cry:

I'm about 5'11 and usually take a 18" hard tail.

Thanks anyway!

My proflex 550 is still up for grab :

main.php

needs a bit of attention , but as we are not far apart you could have for very cheap .

I quite like the Bazooka, maybe a bit too downhill or me though.

Thanks for the Proflex pic Chris, I see you've had a lot of fun on that!!
I think I'm after a little more travel than its little elastomer can supply though!

To be honest I think I'm really after something with about 3 or 4 inches of travel with canti/v brake bosses that can make a good handling XC machine.

bikeperv":1iphpsp1 said:
I quite like the Bazooka, maybe a bit too downhill or me though.
To be honest I think I'm really after something with about 3 or 4 inches of travel with canti/v brake bosses that can make a good handling XC machine.

It can change the travel between 4"-6" :)

Who says they don't make great trail bikes!

Sintesi_Bazooka98.jpg

I know nothing about these really. Do you have any pictures of yours? Is it heavy, man?
What sort of price would you be looking for?

i have a first generation Super V stored at my parents house. Its viper red in the old Volvo team scheme. W/ fork.

Back