Respraying a clockwork, anyone used Orange?

Think they only do single colours now and don't carry classic decals these days mate. I think they used Bob Jackson in Leeds for the most recent two tone paint jobs. I stand to be corrected though. :cool:

what he said^^ thats exactly what they told me when i spoke to them a few weeks ago, the only full sets of decals they had were the 2007 ones as well

anything with a fade is done by bob jackson for them for sure and they can usually recreate older decal styles but then so can gil_m!

the frustrating thing is before the recent increase in interest in retro stuff and style they chucked out loads of old stickers, literally binned them!! :shock: :(

all those old stickers!! gone forever!!

here is an example of bob's work! :D the clockwork and the roadwork were done by him but the crosswork was done by argos

Attachments

• orange, lemon and lime!.jpg
    orange, lemon and lime!.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 970
jonnyboy666":2ossgvf0 said:
the frustrating thing is before the recent increase in interest in retro stuff and style they chucked out loads of old stickers, literally binned them!! :shock: :(
all those old stickers!! gone forever!!
Orange told me they threw out all their old stickers earlier this year because they had lost their tackiness. Fair enough, if you're selling something, it has to work, but they could have sent them to Gil so he could make authentic copies for his file and future use.

I asked the lady hadn't they thought it was part of our national heritage, but I think she thought I was joking. I wasn't of course.

There used to be a website that had all the old Orange brochures on it to download, has anyone got a link? I'm after a 90 / 91 / 92...

That doesn't exist any longer I'm afraid, or not in that form, but not to worry, from 1991 on they're preserved in the archive section on this website.

Anthony":2hesh7on said:
I asked the lady hadn't they thought it was part of our national heritage, but I think she thought I was joking. I wasn't of course.

Is there a smiley that shows "Wild Applause"?
That statement sums up Retrobike perfectly; I couldn't agree more.
... it also demonstrates how even long-established companies like Orange sometimes fail to "get" it. :roll:

Back