Repurposing Vintage Bicycle Parts

He didn’t say whose bicycles either…

Imagine that, a phantom part fitter slowly turning your pride and joy into a THM style masterpiece.

Not mine but I plan to do something like this with a frame that rusted through the chainstay on me. Also plan to tinker and see if I can make a crank arm the on/off switch. Will sketch something out on a dirty napkin at the pub come winter time

View attachment 868628

That's great! I've been looking at used bars, stems and bar-ends with a view to building a desk lamp. Only parts that are too far gone or obsolete for future actual bike use, mind.

Not mine but I plan to do something like this with a frame that rusted through the chainstay on me. Also plan to tinker and see if I can make a crank arm the on/off switch. Will sketch something out on a dirty napkin at the pub come winter time

View attachment 868628

That's awesome. Shouldn't be hard to just use a pull cord hidden in the seat tube and attach a roller in the BB - with the crank at 90 degrees it should pull enough to pop the light on, then the same for off. Or a downtube shifter with a rotary switch behind it.

Back