Replacement Marzocchi valves?

misquote

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hey folks.

Started to tinkering in the garage again after a brief break and realised that all my spares and impulse eBay buys almost add up to a whole bike...too almost to ignore really, so I'm building up a chuckable 99 Chute.

I was planning on using some 2000 Z4 Flylight Airs I had laying around (keeping an eye out for some Z1s circa 97-99). On unscrewing one of the top caps the valve came loose and when replacing it, the threaded section sheared off. Does anyone know if it's possible to get replacement valves from anywhere? I've had a quick look around Google with no luck, and will be giving Windwave a shout too. Any other possibilities greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
M

Re:

IIRC the threaded section isn't replaceable and is part of the whole top cap. If that's the case finding a replacement will be extremely difficult. If you're not adverse to bodging you could drill it out and use a tubeless schrader valve.

Hmm, cheers Dominic. I heard from Windwave and, as expected, it's a non starter so a bit of a bodge might be the only way to go.

Thanks for the manual Joe!

Re:

Maybe try an off road shop; it may be the same as one of the two used by Fox.

http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/foxschradervalve.aspx

2.0schradervalves200x200b.jpg

Re:

Those look good.
I want to upgrade my '98 RS SID's to a presta style valve. They used to sell a top cap with the valve as an upgrade for 28mmm stanchion forks, but alas no longer. So thinking of making something up.

Back