Replace the Forks ? Keep it genuine?

Genuine colour or not?

• Genuine colour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something different

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's just a bike. Paint it, don't paint it. Original colour, the colour of your dreams.

Paint it Nightstorm and throw a couple of Klein stickers on it.

If we all did that, we could change the world.

:)

OK Paint it original if you really have to paint it.

Agree with brock

Unless it's a cheap powder coat then I would save your money and sell it as it is

I think oldave has a point. It started out as a new tyre and chain and has snowballed into pretty much a complete rebuild and I'm thinking I won't want to sell it if I paint it, but in case I change my mind I wanted to know which choice was most preffered.

Wrap the beast in heli tape and let it tell it's story, but be preserved from further ageing.. Bit like pickling something :D

Good luck

I actually like looking at all the modified and customized steel Konas. Seeing what people can do, inspired me to buy a Kona. My favorite is this one....

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ?p=1243077

I bought mine cheap on ebay and was hoping the paint would be in bad shape so that I could get a respray. Sadly, the paint was in great shape.

If you are going to do a new paint job... document your bike by taking many detailed pictures of your frame before getting it done. That way a future buyer will know what is underneath. That being said... I doubt that you will recoup the cost of the paint job.

im in the same boat with the same frame, and the burgundy is plain mank IMO. my plan was a metal flake candy red flamboyant type paint job. There is no mistaking the frame for any other model in any case coz of the tubes. people who knows their onions will know its an explosif.

you will be unlikely to get your money back on the frame after outlaying for decals and paint though.

I for one would much prefer a mint bike to a manky one. Seems the majority opinion here is to keep battle scars which i dont really get. If you were restoring a classic car you wouldnt leave the rust and dents and discoloured paint so why on a bike

I do like the green suggestion though. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Well i finished stripping my bike, now all I have is boxes of new parts and a frame and fork that need painting. The poll is split so far, so I will check out the colour charts to see what the alternative will might be. Keep your comments coming, cheers :D

Here is what it looks like at the mo. Would what would you do, original colour or not?

Attachments

• Kona Explosif.jpg
    Kona Explosif.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 331
I happen to like "maroon", so if I were refinishing it, yes, I'd do it same colour! If not "your colour", then just any nice shiny new paint.

Hard to tell from pics but frame/paint doesn't look to bad at all ??

Nowt wrong with a minty fresh paint job but personally I think it kills
The bikes history/story(just my opinion) you'd be surprised with either your local car part supplier or humbrol touch up paint what can be achieved ..

Someone on here did get a 95 Explosif re painted in a really close match to original ? Maybe check that out for code/touch up ..

Cheers

Col :)

Back