Remaining Kona Parts

Some of the stops in the links above would, I believe, work ok - but this would have to be checked with regards to their diameter. From what I remember, the Curve stops were 'beefier' than your typical canti stop... still, I think for NOS curves at this price it's probably worth a shot :?

Agreed that the bodge looks not as straight forward as suggested.

I have bought a set thru ebay, for my future lava rebuild. This is however knowing that I already have a grotty set of curves to donate the barrels from.

Also be interested in what diameter straddle cable turns up. The one on my old curves looks like the start of a gear cable(shifter end) but is as thick as brake cable. Will be curious to see if it is the same thickness or if it is infact just a thin gear cable.

curve2_zps938b4ba2.jpg

pebble any answers?

Hi,

A 7mm solderness nipple available on Ebay should do the job. They are easily available on Ebay. If you do a search on here, there are a few more alternatives including a guy in the states who machines something similar to the barrels.

As the man states, the price reflects this.

I know for sure that Kona and Curve have none of the original barrels left as I have checked. The same applies to the headsets and the cable guides.

The cable should be original as this came direct from Kona.

These are the last remaining parts.

I'm surprised your all getting so worked up about this? I bought a set knowing I'd make something up, there's loads of choice in solderless nipples. When all said and done its only a section of ally rod with a hole in it for one side and a nipple for the other around 8 mm. If you really want some I'll make them on my lathe, it's hardly a great engineering job! I have old motorcycles that I work on and make parts for, this kind of thing is everyday. Have we arrived in 2013 with cyclists that just get on and ride and have a 'man' to look after anything technical??? :shock:

Nones getting their knickers in a twist. Not everyone's as obviously clued up as yourself as to what was arriving and how to solve the problem, whip out their lathe to turn somthing.

The chat I think has not only been for the benefit of buyers but also pebble as he won't have to deal with 20 odd emails asking where the rst of the bits are post sale. It note worthy he has already altered his eBay listing to explain the situation.

It's a great price for the bits you do get. Mine arrived today, fast delivery and well wrapped. Very nice with only vey very very minor marks from storage. Came with 1 straddle wire as pictured and not two. So one of them will also have to be sourced.

So again. A nice price for nice kit. However it's doesn't mean the kit you get can just be stuck straight on a bike and is good to go.

Be no different if a nos headset turns up but then you found the ball bearings where not included. Not a massive issue, as bb can be got anywhere. but worth mentioning.

Pebble thank you for the nice parts.

Are the lever brackets plastic? I can't tell from the pics. Cos the levers look quite nice to me, and I'd consider getting them for the look of those alone.

Back