Recommendations for a really usable retro full sus....

legrandefromage":360fost7 said:
The RSP , like the Marin, used the same frame throughout the range

Though some were aluminium. LGF do you think the 853 adds anything? I have one but haven't had a chance to finish/ride it yet. Can't see the sense in cromo full sus, but I have two fs bikes and both are cromo :facepalm:

Haven't ridden either of them and I'm hoping someone will tell me there's an advantage to cromo fs other than simply that I'm generally drawn to nice steel.

I havent a clue. That range of RSP was only 853. Fat thin walled steel, steel rear end - dunno. It works for me, more than the LTS DS that I had.

The RSP climbs like a hardtail - thats the only way I can describe it. Every pedal stroke is sent to the back end, little is lost in the translation. My Mt. Vision used to bob with a bit of swing arm side to side. But, its like riding a sofa, you are completely anesthetized from the ground, its just like riding later bikes, you go fast but feel very little - which is a good thing for some, but I like a bit of trail feedback.

gt_lts_ds_814.jpg

file.php

The RSP is a much more laid back ride than anything else I've ridden in a long time.

Re:

Well I'm encouraged. Great, thanks. :D

If you had a chance to check the seatpost size I'd be eternally grateful. I've got dibs in a 27.2 but I can't find out if it's that or a 27.

And sorry to the OP for the thread hijack but hopefully some of this is helpful!

Re: Re:

This is my other cromo retro full sus, a 97 Sunn Xchox (spec at the bottom)

Screenshot_2014-07-02-09-45-33-1_zpscc4c4825.png

Looks similar to the Rocky Mountain from the same year posted a few pages back:
FluffyChicken":p5z52trv said:

Screenshot_2014-07-02-09-46-52-1_zps4745ba3f.png

Sadly it's been languishing in my loft for a couple of years, one day it will reach the top of the list!

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":3scwa68q said:
The kona looked a bit daft in 1997 unfortunatly
97Page10.jpg

It was uglier than even the 1997 GT LTS which was a poor daft looking contraption.

Go with the Manomano then ;-)

I looooove this big, long time. Massively chuckable, not to heavy and it looks cool:

7cuo.jpg

Back