REAL Ink Blue anodized Zaskar - SOLD

Just had a look at your gallery - you've got the '98 Zaskar, as opposed to the Zaskar LE which had the slimmer seatstay bridge.

Cheers for that, I'll re-edit my info to suit. Would you say ink blue or acid blue (it's a very dark blue)& defo anodised.

really would love to see a complete photo of that ano-green zaskar though, it's a stunning beast :LOL:

mines i guess the frost blue GM mentioned
sort of satin finish royal blue with gray and yellow decals
3d type dropouts but no disc mount

Drfunkenstein57":2ytmttj9 said:
Cheers for that, I'll re-edit my info to suit. Would you say ink blue or acid blue (it's a very dark blue)& defo anodised.

really would love to see a complete photo of that ano-green zaskar though, it's a stunning beast :LOL:

No worries, it was a one-off colour-way from what little info there is out there, and I've got an inkling that it might be a '98 Avalanche colour scheme prototype. It's still gorgeous though:

green_zaskar5.jpg

green_zaskar4.jpg

And with a bit of Hans Rey provenance/action:

green-le.jpg

There is also an earlier Zaskar in a darker (and still gorgeous) green, which I think GM has:

grn.JPG

The colour schemes for this era of Zaskar did overlap, and there's the matter of the Zaskar/Zaskar LE to take into account (some subtle design changes that got phased in). It works out as (roughly):

All years - ball-burnished

'97:
Zaskar LE - Frost Blue
Zaskar - Frost Red

'98:
Zaskar LE - Frost Blue
Zaskar - Acid Blue

It's worth remembering the LE was aimed as a top-level XC bike, so the Frost Blue scheme was an attempt at tying in the (new for '98 ) Rockshox SID fork.

I was on the verge of putting my little Avalanche frame up for sale but now I need a metal refinisher to do it in that green... or at least to see if I can afford to have it done in that green :LOL:

That green Zaskar is one of the best looking frames I've seen in 10 years, no joke.
[/hatches evil plan to obtain one no matter what the cost]

Might be easier to find a '98 Avalanche LE in 'Atomic Green' - I had a chance to buy one of these for silly cheap money in around 2000. Still annoyed I didn't:

3m13o73p85Z35P65S0b4b44a5a6a813cf1101.jpg

A 12.5" would have made the sweetest ride for the other half.

Drencrom":1j5kprbt said:
Drfunkenstein57":1j5kprbt said:

No worries, it was a one-off colour-way from what little info there is out there, and I've got an inkling that it might be a '98 Avalanche colour scheme prototype. It's still gorgeous though:

green_zaskar5.jpg

green_zaskar4.jpg

And with a bit of Hans Rey provenance/action:

green-le.jpg

There is also an earlier Zaskar in a darker (and still gorgeous) green, which I think GM has:

grn.JPG

The colour schemes for this era of Zaskar did overlap, and there's the matter of the Zaskar/Zaskar LE to take into account (some subtle design changes that got phased in). It works out as (roughly):

All years - ball-burnished

'97:
Zaskar LE - Frost Blue
Zaskar - Frost Red

'98:
Zaskar LE - Frost Blue
Zaskar - Acid Blue

It's worth remembering the LE was aimed as a top-level XC bike, so the Frost Blue scheme was an attempt at tying in the (new for '98 ) Rockshox SID fork.

If I can remember right, the LE version was made from Easton ultralight tubing, whereas the standard Zaskar was 6061-T6 - mine is anyway :LOL:

Excellent pics by the way

Latest posts

Back