REAL Ink Blue anodized Zaskar - SOLD

Twosted":382eirhj said:
sancho":382eirhj said:
Yeah, that BIN seems like a lot for a used Zaskar

You can't put a price on happyness. :LOL: ..... I'd buy it if I hadn't just had me gas bill. :evil: :evil:

A 95 ink blue Zaskar frame and forks sold recently on ebay UK for £240 and that wasn't half as nice as gm's.

Yeah and that wasn't my frame listing either, I was just sharing it with others.
@Drfunk...there was no 98 model year Ink Blue ano Zaskar. There was a frost blue ano.

98 Zaskar

My bad, must be a 99 model then, definately a Zaskar - this frameset was bought brand new from Merlin cycles (by myself) some 12 years ago. All American handbuilt, original Ink blue anodised paintwork, all original decals -still as good today as when first bought. You couldn't buy ready built Zaskars in the UK back then, buying the frameset was the only option, then either having it built as a custom build by the dealer or build it yourself. This is the fourth GT I have owned, I got a zaskar off the net, didn't like it so I sold it, then bought a brand new Zaskar frameset from Merlin cycles (Leyland, UK) check it out in the gallery tab if you like.

Looks like you've got a '98 Zaskar in Acid Blue, which was available as a complete bike - came with RockShox Judy SL's, XT/XTR drivetrain and a bit of Kore to finish the whole kaboodle off.

I've got a riding buddy who had the '98 ball-burnished version of the complete bike, with the integral seat post collar.

zaskar

i have found GM always sell,s top quality goods,and i am affraid you have to pay for that quality, it,s the way of the world :D

GT Zaskar

Is there any way of telling the bikes year make from the serial number? I know roughly what year I bought the frameset, but how long had it been in stock?

I know serial no is on the rear drop out on my Zaskar, along with frame size. Does anyone know if there is a year code within the serial number?

I know that some Zaskars had slightly different brace designs on the seat stays over the years, & there seem to be 1 & 2 bolt rear hanger differences - is this the difference between zaskars & avalanches? or is it a design change?

First four numbers are month and year... the later the month the greater the chance that the year is +1

Re: GT Zaskar

Drfunkenstein57":1jw15nea said:
Is there any way of telling the bikes year make from the serial number? I know roughly what year I bought the frameset, but how long had it been in stock?

I know serial no is on the rear drop out on my Zaskar, along with frame size. Does anyone know if there is a year code within the serial number?

I know that some Zaskars had slightly different brace designs on the seat stays over the years, & there seem to be 1 & 2 bolt rear hanger differences - is this the difference between zaskars & avalanches? or is it a design change?

As IDB1 said for the serial/year identification.

The seatstay bridge is a more minimal design on the '98 Zaskar.

Pre-'98 (post u-brake):

5526909710_99df4cf712.jpg

'98+:

Zaskar_badge.jpg

With regards to the mech hangers - the one-bolt design was brought in for '96, and was phased in across the whole GT aluminium range eventually. The more intricate CNC dropout was brought in for '98.

Cheers for that.

It seems mine's a 98 with integrated seatpost clamp then. The brace is similar to to the pre-98 picture (look in my gallery tab to see photo) & the paint work could be acid blue - it is defo anodised though, a dark blue version of the lovely green one one the post, that is one gorgeous colour

:LOL:

Latest posts

Back