Rather nice Brave

I'd love that, I'd want to touch it, I'd want to ride it, I'd want to hug it, I'd want to polish it...

Best not have it then.

Thanks for posting the link. It is mine. I had it built up but it was so perfect that I just couldn't bring myself to ride it much. I took it apart with the intention of building it back up with some more colorful parts but my wife is in the middle of a high risk pregnancy. She will be in the hospital for a few months and the cost of daycare for my 3 year old is going to be tough to cover. A few other bikes and some parts will be getting sold too. Selling the Brave won't really bother me that much because I am not riding it. I may end up selling my Silver King too, that one will be a bit tougher.

Tom T said that he only built 2 of these and this one was painted but not ridden. It sat in his storage and the paint got jacked up so he stripped it at some point and lost interest in restoring it so he sold it. I picked it up for around $400 and had him build the fork for it for $170. The CycleArt paint was too expensive for me to mention. I still can't believe I paid what I did.

sandmangts":iomtuww7 said:
Thanks for posting the link. It is mine. I had it built up but it was so perfect that I just couldn't bring myself to ride it much. I took it apart with the intention of building it back up with some more colorful parts but my wife is in the middle of a high risk pregnancy. She will be in the hospital for a few months and the cost of daycare for my 3 year old is going to be tough to cover. A few other bikes and some parts will be getting sold too. Selling the Brave won't really bother me that much because I am not riding it. I may end up selling my Silver King too, that one will be a bit tougher.

Tom T said that he only built 2 of these and this one was painted but not ridden. It sat in his storage and the paint got jacked up so he stripped it at some point and lost interest in restoring it so he sold it. I picked it up for around $400 and had him build the fork for it for $170. The CycleArt paint was too expensive for me to mention. I still can't believe I paid what I did.

I was just looking at this today.....magnificent bike. I'm a big fan of Tom's work, I have one of the original Quintana Roo Superform Tri bikes that he did back in the late 1980's, it's a prized possession. I was wondering why you'd be selling, now I know. Best of luck to you and the wife/baby, modern medicine is a wonderful thing and I'm sure everyone will be fine.

Back