Rascal Owners club !

gil_m":hj6iq57l said:
Hate to say it but your fonts are a bit screwy on your flag :LOL:

dont know, i've copied this one which for sure is authentic and has been used in the mid 90s.

1010St_Pulse3.jpg

the jpg above indeed is a bit crushed but the printed sticker is pretty much exactly like the original. your's might be an earlier version.

hmm, this is a 1992 one.

attitude92_myteam_5.jpg

carsten

ahhhh

look guys this is my Rascal owners club thread...........,
Not......... The who has the best official looking klein badge thread !! ;)
anyway good pictures of all the rascals, keep them coming ! anyone got a rascal frame for sale ? :)

My new rascal - and a question

here you go for my addition to the rascal famly

also - needs a respray - what colour to go???

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 5,972
  • 009 (2).JPG
    009 (2).JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 5,972
If the paint is original, I'd keep it that way. It really doesn't need a respray from what I can see, I've seen a lot worse. If it's already been repainted that's another thing but that's just IMHO, of course.

magicmistertea":2csqmwuh said:
how many peope own a klein rascal, any chance of posting on this thread if you have one, its the no adroits or attitudes club (because i dont own one), but would be good to have a list as a bit of fun, also im trying to find another frame !!!

Here is an older pic of my ss Rascal.

Attachments

• klein2.jpg
    klein2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 5,918
updated!!

Pics to follow but here are the upgrades so far!!

Ringle Silver Holey Seat Binder
Ringle Moby Deuce Seatpost Silver
Flite Titanium Saddle (what else)

Campagnolo Bullet Shifters/Grips
Campagnolo Record OR front mech
Campagnolo Record OR Hubs
Campagnolo Mirage 8speed Rear Mech

Specialized Forged S-works cranks (still not sure about these)
Onza HO pedals

Will post photos soon

Hi there,

I'm a new memeber and this is my first post.

I was lucky enough to picked up a retro Klein recently, didn't know what it was at first until this site.

Pretty much a stock Rascal, with Deore DX. Needed some work since it was pretty much neglected for years. But the frame is in really nice shape.

Also If someone can provide some info on this bike, frame weight, things to watch out for in this frame. I read on this board that the seat tube has a tendecy to crack. etc. Also, how does this frame compare to todays mass produced bikes, and much is this frame worth.

Thanks,

IMG]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk262/freewilly247/DSC_0632.jpg[/IMG]
DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0631.jpg

welcome!
that's not a Rascal but a Pinnacle, i would think from 1990 or 1991. Color is Bright Green (obvious) and it is the XS (18") frame size. The Rascal has horizontal rearward facing dropouts and the Pinnacle the more normal ones.

Cheers, Carsten

Wow, you guys know your Kleins.

I figure, the 1" head tube and the serial number starts with an R. It's a Rascal.

Thanks for the clarification.

Back