Rascal Owners club !

magicmistertea

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
how many peope own a klein rascal, any chance of posting on this thread if you have one, its the no adroits or attitudes club (because i dont own one), but would be good to have a list as a bit of fun, also im trying to find another frame !!!

I do have 7 3/4 Attitudes but I also have a 93 Rascal in UltraViolet. I just put on a fork on Friday. Won't be posting it quite yet as it's in the middle of a build, but when it's done, you'll be sure to see it.

It's sitting about 2 meters away from me. I'm looking over and thinking, "Maybe I could put on a....."

'Guin

bit of an out of date pic, but heres mine. shes got purple cook cranks and purple & black pace rings on now :D
wascal1.jpg

the Rascal my oldest daughter rides

it actually is a 1988 Top Gun that got repainted in 1994 and then was re-named to Rascal. Color is Painted Desert, XS frame size.

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

Cool thread :) I was actually wondering too if there were any Rascals around here... and how they'd be built.

Anywayz, I have one too. Frame is being resprayed by my dad atm. Will be heading his way again the 20th with some spray masks for the decals and it's be clearcoated then too.

This is how it was last seen in my living room:
rascal01.jpg

I will be using the older decals though, since it's actually a 1991 model. Oh yeah and I'll be using a Manitou 1 fork (always loved those and they just look soooooo cool on a Rascal, somehow). Anyway, will post more pics as I'm building. I have most of the parts now, but I am hoping to maybe find one of those older Sugino Disc drive wheels, the clear one. That would really look awesome on a white frame...

Void(EN12-82)

Hey - I have a rascal too - needs a respray though and was looking for suggestions on what to go for - always liked the gatorfades but really hard to reproduce though I heard. currently a rather poor looking candy red with matching quadras and mission control

got some nice kit for her though!!!

any help on colours greatly appreciated - and if anyone can take a photo of the american flag frame sticker that would be much appreciated

nporternz":36johaf2 said:
the gatorfades but really hard to reproduce though I heard.

The gator fades (or any of the fades) for that matter, will not be hard for a qualified airbrusher. The only question is can you get good enough pictures to match the colors and fade exactly as a Klein. There might be some variation to a very picky person, but as a whole, unlikely to be much. Linear fades really aren't that elaborate.

The other thing to consider is if you're going to go through the motions of a respray, why limit yourself to a linear fade and three specific colors? Let your imagination run wild. That's more impressive than gator, IMHO.

'Guin

nporternz":1nro9w4u said:
any help on colours greatly appreciated - and if anyone can take a photo of the american flag frame sticker that would be much appreciated

Attachments

• Patentsticker.jpg
    Patentsticker.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 6,450
Gator

ahh bollocks i was hoping to wait to post a photo of this with the gator mc1 that just went on e-bay, i stayed up untill 2.30 in the morning to bid on it a set myself a limit of £150 plus the postage from america, i got carried away and my final bid on the gator mc1 was £175 with postage taking it to nearly £200 !!! i then saw sense and stopped bidding any more !!! it would have been nice but i had to have a limit. anyway here is an old photo of my rascal , i will get a good daylight shot and update this thread when i do,
cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2433.JPG
    IMG_2433.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 5,334
Hate to say it but your fonts are a bit screwy on your flag :LOL:

Attachments

• Klein Flag.jpg
    Klein Flag.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 6,420
Back