rarest bike/frame

The Bike Beat's Revolution made by Randy Ellison? Rebuilding it, but couldn't find anyone who can get me some info.

al-onestare":oqy6pze5 said:
Not particularly special in terms of unique design or material BUT these 2 are uber rare, and as far as I know, have only come up twice for sale in recent years. With the shift from steel to aluminium in full swing, and these in the upper price bracket, and one a mid-season special, they just didn't sell.

file.php

Kona Kilauea 1997 Special Edition

main.php

Kona Caldera 1997

Needless to say, I want both, in 19 of 20" (wanted thread here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=298615 ) . So feel free to hit me up if you see one!

Well, these two are like buses at the moment.

'97 Caldera's: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=337664

'97 SE Kilauea's - both of these turned up within the last 7 days on FB, in slightly different states :shock: :shock: :shock: :LOL:

pqzJuM.jpg

61g8n1.jpg

ueJpH0.jpg

a6SCFl.jpg

Re:

Regan_ev helped me to identify a build I have as one of 30 made in that year - late 80’s....and almost all went to the race team. Does that count? Only ever seen one other in public domain, and that’s on a euro website citing it as a unicorn. Does that count?

Kamikaze Alluminator, American Beryllium, Univega Boralyn, Beyond G2B, Sevysa Grafton Performance, Gally Titanal....

1987 Claud Butler Matterhorn, 531 tubing with full Deore XT kit.
Made for a few months only at the Marlboro factory which Falcon had just bought out and before they moved production to Brigg near Hull.

That’s my Unicorn….

Attachments

• 1987 Claud Butler Matterhorn.PNG
    1987 Claud Butler Matterhorn.PNG
    125.8 KB · Views: 616
Breezer Lightning GT3.

1 off.

Special super-light bike built for Interbike 1994.

Tubing: Ritchey Logic WCS cro-moly steel
Size: 19 inch
Serial Number: HJB 931
Color: Black/Ivory
Fork: Ritchey/Breezer
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR
Hubs: White Industries w/Salsa Flip-Offs
Rims: Breezer Backdraft
Brakes: Avid Speed Dial SL
Levers: Avid Tri-Align
Shifters: SRAM
Cranks: Breezer Vortex w/Sugino TeamPro rings
Bottom Bracket: Erickson Ti
Pedals: Onza Ti
Headset: Dia-Compe
Bar: Ritchey WCS
Bar-ends: Onza
Stem: Ritchey ForceLite
Seat Post: Titec/Bontrager Carbon
Saddle: San Marco KA/Bontrager w/Spengle carbon rails

Weight: 18.7 lbs (8.5kg)
Owner : Joe Breeze (brand new, not ridden)

Attachments

• GT3.jpg
    GT3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 575
Re:

Ridgeback 605 comp series. Full xt with prestige fillet brazed tubing. Came out in 89 and was top of their production range with a price tag of £850.. Not seen or heard of another apart from the one in my cellar.

Probably even rarer as it's the biggest frame they did at 22"
There are pics in the archives on here

regan_ev":17buct9y said:
Breezer Lightning GT3.

My god that's light :shock:
No wonder its not been ridden, it may fold!

Once A Hero":33io9zlj said:
regan_ev":33io9zlj said:
Breezer Lightning GT3.

My god that's light :shock:
No wonder its not been ridden, it may fold!
It really is that light WITH pedals AND bar ends. Exactly as per spec list. I can vouch for this having held it. It’s mind boggling light!

I asked Joe’s son, Tommy, about it, and whilst it is a super light and tricked-out build, it’s built as a race bike and will go the distance. Components are more likely to fail before the frame or fork.

The cranks are one of the key components to that super light build. Hand machined by Joe.

Back