rarest bike/frame

Re: Re:

raidan73":k3y2e9v8 said:
Your friend had a great taste in bikes Stu. IIRC the green Brodie was another of his?

Yeah, my Sovereign was his. He had a Romax, an Expresso, and a climbMax f+f as well. I ended up with the climbMax, which I traded for a Catalyst that was my size. I'm pretty sure he was on here. I have no idea what his handle would have been.

Re:

Can anyone remember the thread/article with a bloke who had a stash of super rare early Merlins stored under a tarp in his shed?

Ritchey Competition. Only made for a year, has the lighter tubing of the soon to be Team, but the over the top bilaminate lugs of an Annapurna. The best of both worlds. And don't forget the biplane fork. I am aware of about 10 that have popped up on the internets.

Bontrager factory single speed

hehe004.jpg

Not particularly special in terms of unique design or material BUT these 2 are uber rare, and as far as I know, have only come up twice for sale in recent years. With the shift from steel to aluminium in full swing, and these in the upper price bracket, and one a mid-season special, they just didn't sell.

file.php

Kona Kilauea 1997 Special Edition

main.php

Kona Caldera 1997

Needless to say, I want both, in 19 of 20" (wanted thread here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=298615 ) . So feel free to hit me up if you see one!

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":27uapfb5 said:
Breezer Kite........... :cool:

joe-breeze-visit-1.jpg

Only ever seen one for sale

RBG

There was one for sale?! My understanding was only one was made for the BQ AOTMB.

Whats the backstory here?

Back