Raleigh Yukon

Starchild4273

Retro Newbie
Hi guys, first post, just wondering if anyone can help.

I'm the proud owner of a orange/yellow Raleigh Yukon which I'm trying to restore (and also now a green colour one too I picked up the other night! :D )

Basically I want to give them a good service and replace worn parts etc, do these bikes have a freewheel or a cassette? Bit of a novice when I comes to telling the difference to be honest, also any ideas what is the best freewheel/cassette to replace them with? Like for like if they still make them?

Cheers :)

Attachments

• y2sm.jpg
    y2sm.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 841
That looks mint, I doubt anything needs replacing. Show us a shot of the rear hub and we'll know for sure. If there is a bulge on the driveside then it is a freehub. That is assuming it is a shimano hub. Looks like an entry level group so it could be a freewheel, not sure.

The 1992 Yukon (the green one) has a Shimano Hyperglide Cassette according to the brochure

Edit, found the Orange/Yellow one, it also has a Shimano Hyperglide Cassette, 13-15-17-20-23-26-30T

it should have a cassette free hub ,but like ducatis it may have whatever was to hand at the time , nice Nike tho , sweet ride

Mike

Re:

Thanks a lot for the info, I suspected it was a cassette as it looks quite different to my other older MTB's. I'll get you a shot of the back wheel when I get home just to confirm. As I said, bit of a novice so not sure by looking if it's worn.

It is in nice condition for a bike circa 1991/2, it rides really well, must admit it's a fave of mine, can't wait til summer to get it out :)

Re:

Here's a couple of pics, not great as taken on my phone, I'll have to find proper camera! Anyway, the orange/yellow one, the green looks the same, have found this on ebay, not exactly the same gear ratio but would it be suitable?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371170734023? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Attachments

• wc4cs.jpg
    wc4cs.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 726
  • wc1cs.jpg
    wc1cs.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 726
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back