Raleigh with campag dropouts and forks?

Hmmmm

Riveted headbadge is before 1983 (ish)

Over the BB cable routing is before 1982 (the 82 bikes all had under the BB, apart from the Road Ace 12)

Frame number therefore definitely points to 1979, and the paint 'looks' original from the photo's, so my best guess is it was a frame only that year...

I'm not sure the paint is original, I was working in a Raleigh 5 Star Dealership XMas 1979 and don't remember any fade paint bikes or frames from Raleigh.

As ever though, these are 30 year plus memories :)

Shaun

Re:

The paint job has been done well so I'll keep it as is for now. Appreciate all the help and info so far. I'll stick pics up when I start to build it up.

Re:

I don't think I'd be dragged off down too many dark corridors by the Campagnolo drop-outs - although Raleigh used Campagnolo dropouts, they used a lot of others too, and used both the Campagnolo items and others across the range.

At the time, there was a strong, long-term connection to Campagnolo at Raleigh through the TI-Raleigh team but that didn't mean that they'd only use Campagnolo dropouts ...

I was working as head mechanic for a small chain of Raleigh 500 club / 5 Star shops at the time and we certainly had all sorts of d/o s including SunTour and no-name forged as well as Campagnolo on both Raleigh Special Products Division and standard production Raleigh frames of the time.

Back