Raleigh summit 1992 - New project

Yeldarb

Retro Newbie
First post, hi all!

I've wanted an old MTB for a while now but this is the first one that stood out. It was cheap (£50), in decent condition, looks cool, and was made in 92! ..For me it ticked all the boxes.

Everything about it seems pretty good so far apart from the forks are a bit knackered (Mag 10's) but I've taken the service manual from another thread on this forum and they are in bits on my kitchen bench ready for a service.

I've put the link for pictures below and my current plan of action is:

- Service forks to get them as close to new as possible.
- The wheels wobble a bit more than I would like so maybe either new wheels entirely or just get them trued (not sure yet).
- New seat/ seat post.
- Replace cables and housing
- Just a general disassemble and re lube of everything.
- Polish her up and try to track down some fork decals.

PICTURES: http://imgur.com/gallery/d5MzO

If anyones got any helpful advice or knows where I could get some decals that would be great!

I will keep progress pics updated if there is any interest too.

Great first project, will be nice with a bit of love and attention.

Decals can be sourced from member Gil_m , he has a website below, drop him an email:

http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk

If you find the forks need a lot of work I do have some nice air/oil RockShox MAG 30's which came off a Raleigh and would slot straight into your crown:

Keep the updates up :)

This little bit of info might be of some use and welcome to our little family .
Mddys%20page_zpsq0jpfzb2.jpg

If click the + on the top left hand corner then again after it expands you should be able to read the info at the bottom and very nice bike by the way as i've got the 92 Ravine ..

looks a cracking project buddy, its a 93 by the way ;)

love mine, its not far off OE but gets ridden so aint too fussed as parts wear. shame the bars are so bloody narrow though..........

looking forward to updates

Back