Raleigh Peak / Dune Dancer

Re: I have a DD

paulbrad":262apary said:
hi guys, i've joined this forum just cos I was googling the Dune Dancer and came across this thread!

Don't know if anyone cares or wants it, but I was going to take my DD to the tip. It's been in my shed for about 7 years unmoved - I'm 33 now, and I think I must have got it when I was about 15!

Now, it's not wholly original - at the time, we got the bits of a bloke who had upgraded his own bike, but kept certain bits of the DD.

So, from memory, my DD is original frame, pedals, seat, gear shifty bit.
We bought new wheels, handle bars and gears - the original was 21 I think, and we could only afford 18 at the time as the replacement!

The state of it at the minute, is the frame reasonably decent, the gel seat is a bit worn on the edges, the gears all work but I think the whole thing must need servicing as the chain doesnt ride very smoothly generally. (never been oiled or anything in whole of ownership!) The tyres are flat and look a bit cracked and perished.

I put it out there anyway, if anyone wants it (Leicester) then come have a look. If it's worth any pocket money, that'd be great - but as I say, I was taking it to the tip anyway.
Aw don't dump it at the tip, man.

If I lived closer to you, I'd have it. I'm sure somebody, here, will take it off you.

No one's come to look at my DD after this thread, but I guess there's some interest there in the market, so tonight hopefully I'll be sticking it on ebay with some photos, for everyone's attention!

RALEIGH DUNE DANCER BLUE

I have one from years ago …been hanging on the garage wall for past 16 years….willing to part with it

Latest posts

Back