Raleigh Peak - Circa 1995, RTS 3 bits/Seat tube swap.

RTSclassic

Geoff Capes
Hi All

This has been a trusted steed for the commute to work so in good nick as it's only does a mile a day on road. This was a Ltd edition Raleigh ran along side three other bikes. very good condition with:

K2 tubing (variation on the 501 I think)
Girvin Flexstem (Elastomer still mint)
500LX Biopace Chainset
Deore LX pedals
400LX FD
500LX RD 7 Speed
HBRM 50 Hubs on Alesa rims
Deore XT Brakes (upgrade on original spec)

Only downsides are my LBS at the time replaced my frame after a car crash and received the Ravine sticker set, he decided to fit it instead genius! (this frame has had no off road riding or dings) The Rear shifter is sticking I suspect will need replacing.

£75 collected sound fair? (Suffolk)

I will also be posting soon an NR1 Noleen shock with RTS rocker, RTS 3 rear triangle and RTS 171 forks. Waiting first refusal from another member if you may be tempted let me know.

I also hoped I could swap the 26.8 MM Lockit seat post for a 27.2MM in same condition. If not looking for £15.00 posted.

Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• Seat post.jpg
    Seat post.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4,582
  • Chainset.jpg
    Chainset.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 4,582
  • Girvin Flexstem.jpg
    Girvin Flexstem.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 4,582
  • Raleigh Peak.jpg
    Raleigh Peak.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 4,582
I'm probably wrong but.....i remember the Peak being turquoise. That colour was the Apex; it could be that they swapped the colours round in various years i guess................. :?

I have the Apex, and looks similar but mine is like 17" These are great bikes, very capable and nice to ride, they ride lighter than they are.
Its a good price IMO.

Latest posts

Back