Raleigh M-Trax

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I was wondering if anyone on here owns or knows of a Raleigh M-Trax from the mid 90's probably 95 or 96. The model was the 3000L version in blue and with a Reynolds Optima butted frame. I owned one of these from new but sold it about 3 years ago for over £300 on ebay. I thought that was alot of money at the time but now I have discovered this retrobike site I can see why! There does not seem to be many, if any, M-trax bikes from that era on here and none seem to come up for sale on ebay. I would love to see some pictures of the 3000L or indeed have the chance to own one again. Can anyone help? Trevor.

Had one in 14 inch and green and grey, Mega rare sold frame for £250 2 years ago, wish I hadn't!!!!! Lad who bought it has won a lot of Junior XC races on it!!! Very light very zingy extremely fast up and down hill. sub 4 pounds frame weight too.

Same here the 3000L was very light and the only reference I can find to one anywhere on the internet is a picture of it in a 95 M-Trax brochure (not the full brochure just 2 pages from it)! I really didn't know at the time of selling how good the frame was or how rare it was. I cannot even find reference to the Reynolds Optima Lite frameset anywhere.
Trevor.

Was it like this . . . ?

various055.jpg

The same tubing?

various059.jpg

luv'n'stuff

J

Similar mate, but I think the cable routing was on top of the top tube and it was labelled up as an M-Trax. Same Optima frame though, so light and 'pingy'!

Thorpie":11c3qf1w said:
I was wondering if anyone on here owns or knows of a Raleigh M-Trax from the mid 90's probably 95 or 96. The model was the 3000L version in blue and with a Reynolds Optima butted frame.

Was it the light blue metallic finish? If it was then it wasn't an especially rare bike. The reason that there aren't many of these about is that Raleigh as a brand wasn't too popular at the time. Raleigh had the Reynolds Optima tubing custom made for them and it was essentially similar to 531ST in make up and strength. If you put a search in Google you will see that there are quite a few for sale at the moment (I got around 20).

They were adverts on the ad-trader website but they all seem to be false positives. :x

Back