Raleigh M Trax 7000r 58cm - 531 Frame.

Matisse

Dirt Disciple
Raleigh M Trax 7000r Reynolds 531 frame
(these are pretty hard to find, actually pretty nard just to find any information about it!)

measures 58cm seat tube, c - t.
tubes are straight, a few scratches and dings, but this was a shed find.
Insides if the tubes treated with frame saver.

Components not included.

looking for £75
Based in Bristol.

Re: Raleigh M Trax 7000r 58cm - 531, Mavic, Dura Ace 7410/7700

Interesting. Never seen another MTrax. Mine is 853 Special Products Division.
14921207047_780dae53af_z.jpg

Re:

They seem to be really hard to find any information on!

Now selling just the frame, £75 collection from Bristol.

Re: Raleigh M Trax 7000r 58cm - 531, Mavic, Dura Ace 7410/7700

bigjim":1292mb2a said:
Interesting. Never seen another MTrax. Mine is 853 Special Products Division.
14921207047_780dae53af_z.jpg

Going off-topic from the OP's advert here but what year is yours? I have a Special Products 853 road frame (badged as Raleigh rather than M-Trax) which is outwardly the same, except on mine the tops of the seat stays are TIG-welded straight to the seat cluster area instead of the the tubes being capped in the more traditional way. The other details (race number lug on top tube, straight-blade fork with brazed crown, round down tube, etc.) are identical.

David

I've no idea what year it is. I bought it frame and forks only. Assume middle to late 90s with the twin bottle cage mounts. I wonder if they were built as team bikes. Thinking this because of the braze-on race number mount. Very light bike and comfortable. Been out on it today.

bigjim":1ior09z4 said:
I've no idea what year it is. I bought it frame and forks only. Assume middle to late 90s with the twin bottle cage mounts. I wonder if they were built as team bikes. Thinking this because of the braze-on race number mount. Very light bike and comfortable. Been out on it today.

I think the number mount was standard issue for the model - there's a pic of a bright green one in the RB catalogue archive which has the same braze-ons - although a good few top domestic teams used them (mine originally had "RSP Team Issue" decals until a much needed respray). Any frame number on it? Mine is no.SC1160, built in 1998 or so, I believe.

Agreed - lovely frames these; comfy, light and unlike some of my past road bikes, very stable on fast descents.

David

Back