Raleigh John Tomac Signature - Carbon/Ti

That’s a big number. An amazing and rare bike - but still a very big number. I guess all things are relative and a superbike these days can cost more than they paid. hopefully the person on the other end hasn’t had to sell a kidney or anything!

I’m guessing someone pilfered the original stem and forks - it then sat tucked away until the late nineties when they rebuilt it with the Profile stem and SIDS, by which point it was just an old bike of little value but nice to look at (apart from the mismatched front end parts), so it sat and waited until now…

Hey Dennis,
I do still have it and rode it recently.
Hey Doc: I could not wait any longer for Lady Luck to smile on me so I built my own Raleigh Tomac bike. Took a Raleigh SBDU 21" titanium frame and carbon wrapped it, added decals and built it to my spec. It weighs in as shown at 21.4 lbs. Finally get to feel like Johnny T. Check out my pics.

Attachments

• DSC01247.JPG
    DSC01247.JPG
    699.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC01248.JPG
    DSC01248.JPG
    784 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01248.JPG
    DSC01248.JPG
    784 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01246.JPG
    DSC01246.JPG
    697.3 KB · Views: 34
Hey Dennis,
I do still have it and rode it recently.
Hey Doc: I could not wait any longer for Lady Luck to smile on me so I built my own Raleigh Tomac bike. Took a Raleigh SBDU 21" titanium frame and carbon wrapped it, added decals and built it to my spec. It weighs in as shown at 21.4 lbs. Finally get to feel like Johnny T. Check out my pics.

CONGRATULATIONS!
Looks fantastic!
Enjoy the heck out of it.
You’re not too far from me - maybe we can plan a get together and ride.

Very happy for you, Dennis.

Latest posts

Back