raleigh dyna tech

I'd imagine there's some dx shifter/brake combis for sale on here.
If you are looking to upgrade the cantilever brakes back to dx I have some for sale cheap enough.

going to have a proper look at it tomorrow will bear u in mind couldn't let this bike go loved the frame the price was even better

thank you got these but wrong era going to put them on here or ebay

Attachments

• 20220515_144208.jpg
    20220515_144208.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220515_144232.jpg
    20220515_144232.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220514_113009.jpg
    20220514_113009.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 5
If I were a betting man, I'd say the cranks have been sprayed black, probably the same kit as the shifters. I love a dynatech, had one or two of the bonded frames and still have a full ti team ti version which is a great bike.

I built a mate a bike, stumpy with that exage kit on it, works well and lasts

found these on ebay
Think those are black anodised, the ones on your bike would have been the alloy colour. As @ishaw has suggested your original ones have probably been painted black - the wear on yours is chipped whereas the anodised ones the wear is rubbed if that makes sense. Bet yours will come up a treat if you strip the paint off the cranks and polish them.

Looks like you’ve got a great bike there with just the brifters needing to be replaced to be back to catalogue spec. Maybe the seat and post, hard to see if the post is the original one but to be honest if it fits it’s fine!

The brakes I’m pretty sure are correct - certainly they are the same as the ones I’ve got on my 1990 Mission which I don’t think has been messed about with
50BC09FF-060C-4CCA-9A47-C1E3F66F2499.jpeg

Think those are black anodised, the ones on your bike would have been the alloy colour. As @ishaw has suggested your original ones have probably been painted black - the wear on yours is chipped whereas the anodised ones the wear is rubbed if that makes sense. Bet yours will come up a treat if you strip the paint off the cranks and polish them.

Looks like you’ve got a great bike there with just the brifters needing to be replaced to be back to catalogue spec. Maybe the seat and post, hard to see if the post is the original one but to be honest if it fits it’s fine!

The brakes I’m pretty sure are correct - certainly they are the same as the ones I’ve got on my 1990 Mission which I don’t think has been messed about with
View attachment 632226
I see it on ebay was listed as a exage bike loved the frame on it collected yesterday very happy with it done some research on it etc on retro fb group before I found this group shame it's missing stickers and headbadge was a bargain couldn't let it go for ÂŁ10

Latest posts

Back