Raleigh Dyna-Tech Titanium MT3 [almost NOS]

chaser

Senior Retro Guru
Hi,

I am selling the NOS Raleigh Dyna-Tech Titanium MT3 I built a few weeks ago as I have decided to use the parts for another NOS Dyna-Tech project.

I bought the frame and forks as NOS [with some slight shopwear] I only rode it a couple of times.

Frame has 3 Titanium main tubes with a cromo [653 I think] rear triangle

The forks are actually the Reynolds Mag Moly tripple butted ones usually only normally found on the MT4 and MT5 - I think some guy at the factory must have got mixed up!

The frame has a couple of small chips in the paint on the rack eyelets and also on the seat collar. The forks have some slight scratches to one of the blades [but you really have to look for them]

Size is 42.5cm / 17" Medium

Price is £125 for the frame and fork combo plus shipping if required.

Pls PM me if you would like me to email any pics to you.

You can also see the frame/forks in the Dyna-Tech Titanium brochure on this site.

Cheers,

Chaser.

Hi Chaser,

I recently bought an MT5 off Ebay and had a word with Bland as he had a pair of silver Dyna-Tech straight-blade forks that would fit perfectly on it. Since I spoke to him about it in a PM (over a month ago now) he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth and I desperately need some forks for my MT5 (preferably of the right era).

The MT5 frame I have is the same size as your MT3 and I'm sorely-tempted to buy both frame and forks from you, then sell-on the frame alone.

In-the-meantime, you don't know of anyone with any spare straight-blade Dyna-Tech forks in Silver to-hand do you (or know where Bland has got too)?

All the Best.

Hi Carlton,

I could just swap you the whole MT3 frame / forks for your frame only MT5 ;) Problem sorted :D

You are lucky I had already bought the MT4 :D we would have been competing... I was watching your frame on ebay with great interest [and drooling]

To be very accurate with the MT5 [production model] you need to find a set of RS Mag 20/21's - The MT5 came with these forks as standard with the frameset.

The other way to go would be to get a frame builder to make you some forks - the team bikes had custom curved blade forks, unlike any fitted to the production bikes. I think they were Trimmell or Trimble or something.

The bike will be a stunner when built, I cannot wait to see it. The MT5 should be even lighter than the MT4 [3lbs 11oz]

My MT4 weight is down to 22lbs [on Park Tools scale] which is mega light for the period.

An article on the Raleigh team from '93 says that David Baker managed to get his bike to 21.5lbs [without RS forks].

Just an aside... take care with BB lenght as the crank arms run very colse to the thicker titanium chainstays on the MT4/5 than on the ones with cromo stays. With an M730 XT chainset, 122 bottom bracket, the crank arms are just 4mm from making contact.

Keeps in touch...

Chaser ;)

Back