Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Paul,
My Dyna-tech is 1993 and I've measured the bottom of the seat post and would say it equates to an inch, i.e. 25.4mm, certainly not over 26mm. I hope this helps. It is the original seat post but I've had it stove enamelled so any markings have disappeared!

howdenbiker":9f689gw6 said:
Paul,
My Dyna-tech is 1993 and I've measured the bottom of the seat post and would say it equates to an inch, i.e. 25.4mm, certainly not over 26mm. I hope this helps. It is the original seat post but I've had it stove enamelled so any markings have disappeared!

Morning mate
Thanks for taking the trouble to do that :) Thats interesting , i didnt think any had a post that small !!
Thanks again Paul

Re:

Quick update , found Dossa,s build thread for the same year and model and his came up 26.8 :D

Paul

Perhaps this is a bit of an obscure question, but I suspect I'm not alone in having this problem. I snapped my steel seat clamp bolt on my 1993 M Trax duo tech frame. Can anyone tell me the size I'd need for a replacement? M something something, right?

ultrazenith":rhl9k703 said:
Perhaps this is a bit of an obscure question, but I suspect I'm not alone in having this problem. I snapped my steel seat clamp bolt on my 1993 M Trax duo tech frame. Can anyone tell me the size I'd need for a replacement? M something something, right?
I will check my mine , pretty sure its an 8mm but i will double check shortly :)
Paul

Re: Re:

shinobi":2ycheev8 said:
Can anyone help with the seatpost size on a 1990 Dyna Tec Encounter at all ?
I have tried the 27.0 from my M Trax and its too big so im guessing
26.4 or 26.8 but dont have either to try .

Cheers Paul
Hi Paul,I had an encounter bitd and fitted and ran an XT seatpost in it.I think XT seatposts only come in one size so if anyone has an XT post stick a vernier on it for the Encounter`s diameter.

shinobi":1e8w2h8u said:
ultrazenith":1e8w2h8u said:
I will check my mine , pretty sure its an 8mm but i will double check shortly :)
Paul
Hi , ok good job i checked its 6mm :oops:
Paul

Back