Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Re: Re:

jackcharlton":2b91wviv said:
I never really think of dynatechs that aren't bonded. I think Raleigh should have used another name for the rig welded ones etc
Agree, especially as it was specifically the bonding technology they were calling Dynatech in their adverts. Sloppy marketing really.

Re:

Just bagged some early rc30s and they're currently sat in the dynatech to see what they look like..........looks like I've just found another rebuild project for 2016.

Re:

I've picked up an RSP 853 mtb frame, the (I believe) 1999 with the flame paintjob (450 Elite?). Can anyone tell me what size seatpost was specced? I thought 30.0 but neither of the 30.0 posts I have are going in smoothly and I'd rather check it's not 29.8 before I pay someone to ream it

Re: Re:

TomvanHalen":osdo8u99 said:
I've picked up an RSP 853 mtb frame, the (I believe) 1999 with the flame paintjob (450 Elite?). Can anyone tell me what size seatpost was specced? I thought 30.0 but neither of the 30.0 posts I have are going in smoothly and I'd rather check it's not 29.8 before I pay someone to ream it

Mine (see signature) is definitely 30.0mm.

am i correct presuming the seatpost for my 92 diablo dx? is 27.0? the original dynatech ones a tad worn and i cant find the marks, or my calipers :(

Re:

My non-bonded Dynatech cyclo-cross frame in Reynolds 708.
A curious one this as it has an oversize top tube: 28.6mm and the same as the down tube. I don't know if this was standard for this model as this may well be a limited run as it had team decals when I got it. I have had many Reynolds frames and this is the only one with this combination. Mixing and matching tubing was very common with top end builders like George Longstaff and Tony Oliver (Reynolds even provided a sticker to suit for 531: Designer Select). It can make a significant difference to the performance of a frame especially for large and small sizes but finding suitable lugs can prove a challenge. But here we are taking about Raleigh and it clearly was possible but I would still like to know if it was standard issue.
It really does a fantastic job of being an everyday bike. It's significantly more responsive out of the saddle than 531 as well as being comfortable and unfussy without being a slouch.

Attachments

• dynatechcross 1.jpg
    dynatechcross 1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 637
  • dynatechcross 2.jpg
    dynatechcross 2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 637
So do I. If (in the far-flung surreal world of unlikely, doom-laden ultimatums) I was forced at gunpoint to dispose of all my bikes and retain one do-it-all machine, this would be it. I would miss the others, bless their little ferrus socks.
Oh, hang on. I can't get rid of Dennis. He would have to be in a cammo shed in the shrubbery at the bottom of the garden.

Latest posts

Back