Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

shinobi":3ibpor98 said:
shinobi":3ibpor98 said:
ultrazenith":3ibpor98 said:
Perhaps this is a bit of an obscure question, but I suspect I'm not alone in having this problem. I snapped my steel seat clamp bolt on my 1993 M Trax duo tech frame. Can anyone tell me the size I'd need for a replacement? M something something, right?
I will check my mine , pretty sure its an 8mm but i will double check shortly :)
Paul
Hi , ok good job i checked its 6mm :oops:
Paul

Thanks, ordered a pack of 10 from ebat for a surprisingly good price.

From this morning's ride in Plymbridge Woods :)

20141228_110727.jpg

Re:

Looking good there :D I feel my back cracking just looking at that saddle height lol !
Is Plymbridge near Plympton ? I went there a few times to the Grundig rounds in the early 90s .
I really must get on with my Dyna tech :oops:

Paul

Re: Re:

shinobi":2afbfas7 said:
Looking good there :D I feel my back cracking just looking at that saddle height lol !
Is Plymbridge near Plympton ? I went there a few times to the Grundig rounds in the early 90s.

The stem length and saddle height on this one are right at the limit of what my 36 year old back can handle. At some point I might go with a shorter and higher stem, but for the moment I'm happy with the original Dynatech steel stem. As it is, it rides like a dream :D

Plymbridge is an area of woodland stretching from Plympton, along the Plym Valley out to Dartmoor. There is a nicely surfaced cycle track running along the route of a defunct railway branch line, viaducts and tunnels included, with networks of singletrack and fire roads branching off either side. Overll, a nice and sheltered area to ride during damp winter days when you don't want to stray too far from civilization.

As far as I know, the Grundig events never went into this area, but a lot of athletes used to ride past the Plympton end of the Plym Valley, from the now defunct Novotel at March Mills, along Plymouth Road (and past my house), to Newnham Park.

Speaking of the Grundig world cup races at Newnham, I was recently saddened to find the area of moorland above Newnham, which some XC and DH races ventured onto in the 90s, has been acquired and turned into another open cast mine by the aptly named Wolf Minerals. While it would be an exaggeration to say that I'm heartbroken, I am saddened at the loss of a rather beautiful area of open moorland where my mates and I spent a lot of time riding or mucking about in the 90s.

Re:

Thats a very sad thing to lose such a beautiful area :cry:

We stayed at what was " The Campanile Hotel " up by the dry ski place , a few teams stayed there too along with Scott Dommett and some MBUK guys :facepalm:

Paul

I can finally post here :)

received this yesterday afternoon, bargain price and my size

so yesterday evening I built it up

far from mint but it feels ace and will probably get thrashed to death .............until a ti one crops up

Re:

21.5 iirc its replaced a kona that was a bit too small but only used for work mainly. Rek this will get out a tad more :)

Back