Raleigh Caprice

jambro

Retro Guru
Not a typical bike for the forum, but its plenty retro!

Got it out from behind the shed earlier, during a garden spring clean!

Is it worth anything or should I be glad to clear some space?

54fcdd11.jpg

Not really worth much at all

But it is a nice fix-er-upper for the Mrs to pootle around town on

that's an early model, the later ones had curved 'top' tubes, should be a date stamp on the rear hub shell - could be mid '70s. In nice condition they fetch over £100, regardless of which they are a joy to pootle around on :cool:

Dead Rats":7c5hqgu4 said:
that's an early model, the later ones had curved 'top' tubes, should be a date stamp on the rear hub shell - could be mid '70s. In nice condition they fetch over £100, regardless of which they are a joy to pootle around on :cool:

It says 78 on the shell, so I guess its from 1978 then?

What would you say this one's worth? No chain, flat tyres, a bit of surface rust here and there! :LOL:

jambro":kxiy177c said:
Dead Rats":kxiy177c said:

What would you say this one's worth? No chain, flat tyres, a bit of surface rust here and there! :LOL:

yeah '78 it is... hmmm £20-30 in that nick I'd say

Dead Rats":hya7qj8s said:
jambro":hya7qj8s said:
Dead Rats":hya7qj8s said:

yeah '78 it is... hmmm £20-30 in that nick I'd say

Ah cool, hopefully someone will be willing to collect it from me! I've advertised it the the Road classifieds section :)

Thanks for your help!

Back